Millersville, MarylandJob ID IMS20210704-59308
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Quality Inspector (Inspection C)
Job Code: IPSC
Job Location: Millersville, MD
Under the direction and guidance of the Manager of Quality Assurance, the Quality Inspector’s primary role will be to inspect incoming and in-process electronic assemblies and mechanical hardware. Primary duties will include assisting in the daily departmental functions of inspection and development of procedures, assisting in the implementation of ISO 9000, and assisting in defect reporting and trend evaluations.
- Perform inspections on incoming and in-process electronic assemblies and mechanical hardware.
- Conducting of source inspections at vendor facilities.
- Insure that product is manufactured to the latest applicable configuration documentation.
- Prepare and review data submittal packages for end item deliverables (composed of test data, inspection results, C-of-C’s, etc.
- Prepare Deficiency Reports (DRs) for hardware, software, and documentation issues.
- Maintain, control and process non-conforming material.
- Certify and assists in maintaining ESD stations and monitor employee ESD compliance.
- Participate as a member within Change Control Board (CCB) and Material Review Board (MRB); role is interchangeable with QAE when required.
- Assist in defect tracking and evaluation process, including trend evaluation to reduce recurrences. (As directed by the Q.A. Manager)
- Generate Corrective Action Requests (CARs ) for vendor quality rejections.
- Assist in the implementation of ISO 9000, and Procedure Development.
- Assist in coordination of failure analysis efforts.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
- Requires fully proficient job knowledge/skills. Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- J-STD-001 or IPC-610-A certification.
- ISO 9000 “Lead Assessor” and “Implementation” certification and experience a plus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.