Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Quality Engineering
Millersville, MarylandJob ID IMS20220112-94146
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead Quality Engineering
Job Location: Millersville, MD
- Support quality and manufacturing engineering leadership to ensure methodology is applied in a way that supports business performance and true alignment of business goals and objectives.
- Effectively communicate across multiple organizations to align a strategic and tactical path to success for manufacturing operations at the site while improving quality.
- Support, mentor and guide the technical application leaders in the implementation of the methodology and development of materials, best practices, lean initiatives, 5S, and RCCA via advanced problem solving.
- Generate and analyze data to prioritize corrective action and improvement requirements.
- Facilitate multi functional groups in problem solving efforts confirming root cause identificaiton, generating corrective actions and verification items are implemented and sustained.
- Develop and present RCCA powerpoints to program teams, local and coporate leadership.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of the L3Harris ZDP (Zero Defect Plan).
- Input into process layouts, build plans, work instructions, and visual aids to assist in continuous improvement efforts for supporting production.
- Become intimately involved in the production processes in an effort to help drive out waste, limit variation with error-proofing and improve process reliability.
- Evauluate and disposition customer returns, in-process defects and address day to day quality concerns rapidly implementing containment and corrective actions as applicable.
Subject matter expert in advanced problem solving (8D, A3, DMAIC, RCCA) – 8D preferred
Experience Leading and supporting FMEAs for process improvement and design
Ability to work with minumum supervision and direction
Self-starter, able to pioneer projects, incorporate management’s vision, and lead positive change
Strong proficiency in design reviews, drawing reviews, engineering change order incorporation
Advanced presentation and presentatioin development skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite
Qualifications: Requires comprehensive level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have in-depth knowledge of project management. Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
Strong electrical, electro-optical, and mechanical assembly background
Strong IPC/J-Std background and Fiber Optic Manufacturing
Strong aptitude for production layouts, workflow analysis, and production work center planning
Strong background in process development for electical and electro-optical assembly
Knowledge of ERP systems – Costpoint, Team Center, SAP
Ability to work with minumum supervision and direction
Preferred Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or better
Strong aptitude for developing and incorporating Kaizen events, Kanban, Lean Manufacturing, and 5S
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.