Millersville, MarylandJob ID IMS20210604-59226
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The Director of Finance will support the GM and serve as a strategic partner and advisor to the leadership team. The Director of Finance will manage a professional staff and provide financial planning and control services, including analyzing financial results, applying accepted accounting methods, controlling budgets, and generating reports on sales, manufacturing costs, profits, etc. Position is in Millersville, MD.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Provide executive leadership for significant financial growth.
- Establish and ensure compliance with financial policies, practices and procedures at the division and operating sites.
- Establish appropriate business controls to engender an appropriate “results focus” in decision making.
- Understand and analyze division financial performance as it relates to forecasted profitability.
- Improve profit as dictated by annual business plans.
- Coordinate expenditure programs and profiles to coincide with forecasted cash flow.
- Manage cash and treasury matters.
- Analyze and review every facet of the business, including such things as revenue, pricing and forecasting. Take appropriate actions to achieve margin improvement and net profit improvement on every element of the business.
- Ensure solid program and product line financial performance through early identification of operational issues and implementation of containment methods.
- Participate with the division VP/GM in preparing financial presentations for company executives.
- Provide skill, insight and experience in assessing technology and opportunities for technology investment.
- Initiate ideas and actively lead change.
- Bring financial and general management expertise to the division’s leadership team.
- The position consults with the VP/GM and requires latitude in exercising independent judgment and analysis to make decisions that will impact profits, working capital, cash flows and financial position while working without close supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and decision-making skills.
- Detailed understanding of ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers.
- Decision analysis skills to include NPV, DCF, IRR, and other investment screening and evaluation models.
- Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office™ (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Project®), Hyperion HFM/Planning and CostPoint ERP software.
- Ambitious, decisive, technically competent leader who is results driven, has a natural competitiveness and operates with a sense of urgency.
- Strong management skills including planning, organizing for results, managing projects, and leading and evaluating people.
- Demonstrated strategic thinker with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and listening skills, a creative problem solver.
- Strong analytical, motivational, and negotiating skills with a high performance standard and a keen bias-for-action.
- Willingness to take ownership and accept accountability.
- Proven ability to interact and influence team members at all organizational levels; ability to manage effectively both upward and downward.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government issued security clearance. Active security clearance desirable.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or closely related discipline. CPA certification desirable.
- Strong understanding of government contract accounting, including quoting, progress payments, milestone and percent of completion billing and earned value management.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years’ experience in general financial management, to include general accounting, cost accounting and taxes, preferably in a commercial manufacturing environment. Candidate should also have experience in U.S. government contracting. At least ten (10) years of departmental management experience.
- Prior experience with federal government contracting requirements - Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR), Defense Acquisition Regulations (DAR), and International Transfer of Arms Regulations (ITAR) required.
- Experience leading a consolidation effort, including consolidation of financial systems, desirable
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.