Configuration Management Lead
Millersville, MarylandJob ID IMS20210604-59256
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Configuration Management Lead
We are currently seeking a Configuration Management Lead for our Millersville, MD location.
Join L3Harris, a technology driven organization that delivers superior performance to the U.S. Government, our allies, and leading corporations throughout the world. At L3Harris Chesapeake Sciences Corporation, design and manufacture electronic data acquisition systems for use in Anti-Submarine Warfare, ship self-defense, acoustic ranges and geophysical exploration products. Under the direction and guidance of the Manager of Engineering, the Configuration Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and implementing all Configuration Management requirements. These tasks include but are not limited to configuration change control, regulation of the change process, and ensuring accurate configuration identification. Other responsibilities include internal and external audit support, working with other departments, with the customer, and providing guidance on configuration management practices.
- Ensure all production and engineering development drawings and documents are properly logged into the company’s data repositories prior to product delivery.
- Control Engineering Revision Notice (ERN) document review, issuance, and tracking for production products.
- Develop top-down master data lists that accurately define configuration baselines.
- Identify and coordinate processes for configuration management.
- Support and facilitate version and process auditing and reporting.
- Explain, interpret, and gain cooperation on policies, procedures, and practices.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in a technical or business-related discipline
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and data.
- Experience communicating within and outside of own department as well as parties external to the organization.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong oral and written communication skills; including presentations to staff, potential customers and other professionals; ability to communicate clearly, concisely, logically and coherently.
- Self-starter and multi-tasker.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- DoD/Navy contracting experience
- Experience with CostPoint and SharePoint
- Current DoD Secret Clearance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.