Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Assembly C (Electro-Mechanical / Potting Assembler)
Millersville, MarylandJob ID IMS20221710-92039
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Assembly C (Electro-Mechanical / Potting Assembler)
Job Location: Millersville, MD
Under the direction and guidance of the Production Supervisor, the Electro-Mechanical / Potting Assembler, routes, wires, assembles and installs electronics, electro-mechanical and fiber optic components in military sonar systems and commercial equipment according to specifications, using fixtures and jigs, hand tools and equipment. Reads work instructions, drawings and specifications to determine assembly methods. Solders surface mount components to printed wiring using microscopes and hand soldering devices.
- Perform coarse and fine adjustments requiring the use of hand tools, precision measuring devices and other specialized equipment including, but not limited to vacuum equipment, digital indicators, optical microscopes, height gages, Vernier gages, micrometers, and electronic testing fixtures
- Seeking an individual contributor to provide skilled support on the assembly of potting, electrical-mechanical and fiber optic assemblies.
- Handle, inspect, clean, and prepare delicate and sensitive optical components and assemblies
- Understand the function of and use a broad range of electrical/electronic and mechanical parts and components such as fiber optics, solder, wire, resistors, diodes, capacitors, relays, transformers, coils, switches, PC boards, epoxies, crimping etc.
- Read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Work with adhesives, precision assembly tools, and different types of equipment such as fusion splicers, high precision fiber cleavers, polishing machines, and test tools.
- Guide, coach and mentor less experienced team members; be a positive role model for the team.
- Assists with production scheduling and control.
- Performs on-the-job training and participates in the development and implementation of new training programs and may introduce new processes and sequences for production areas.
- Participates in program or functional team projects developing process improvement methods, solutions, and procedures to enhance program quality, cost, and scheduling.
- Assist with implementing and sustaining the 5S+1 program to ensure that work areas and equipment are maintained in a clean and orderly condition and all safety regulations are observed; report and correct any unsafe work practices or conditions immediately to supervisor or EH&S.
- Assist with leading daily departmental GEMBA meetings, updating board contents, following up with taking action and measuring effectiveness also performance.
- Comply with ESD compliance, chemical, calibrated tooling, testing tooling and equipment audits.
- Assists in determining the need for tooling, testing tooling, testing equipment and makes recommendations for the design and planning of required tools and equipment.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Experience preferred in related field, but not necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Ability read and interpret work instructions, engineering drawings and sketches and specifications to determine assembly methods for electrical and electronic components.
- Ability to follow instructions; ability to mentally visualize and comprehend all aspects of assembling equipment or tooling problem and understand the interrelationships of factors affecting a situation.
- Ability to comprehend and apply modern fabrication and assembly techniques and machine shop practices and techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally; good interpersonal skills; pays attention to detail; and ability to meet deadlines.
- Exerts up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, or up to 10 to 25 lbs. of force frequently, or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Excellent manual dexterity is required to operate the technical instruments and equipment appropriate to assembly.
- Employee regularly sits while using upper body movements including arms, hands and fingers constantly in handling tools and equipment necessary to assemble and install electrical and electronics components in military sonar systems and commercial equipment. Also, working on computers and other office equipment.
- Employee occasionally stands and/or walks and reaches with hands and arms in moving tools, equipment and/or products.
Other Work Conditions and Requirements:
- Ability to obtain and maintain US Secret Clearance
- Employee works in a quiet to moderately noisy environment.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.