Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Menlo Park, CaliforniaJob ID AS20222005-82726
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Engineering Associate
Job Code: AS20222005-82726
Job Location: San Leandro, CA
EMRF - Randtron, a division of L3Harris Technologies, is a leading designer, developer and manufacturer of advance military aircraft antennas and antenna systems. An Engineering Services Tech is responsible for supporting engineers in the design, development, and testing of prototype microwave devices and systems, ensuring that prototypes meet design specifications. In particular, this position will involve testing the Radar Cross Section (RCS) of Low Observable (LO) antennas.
- Conducts RCS testing of LO Antennas and post processing of the data.
- Managers the Compact Range RCS Test facility, maintains all equipment, troubleshoots issues and handles any necessary repairs
- Tests performance of complex microwave devices and systems utilizing a variety of test equipment.
- Designs, builds, maintains, and calibrates test equipment and fixtures from blueprints, schematics and/or verbal instructions.
- Identifies and isolates product malfunctions and takes corrective action involving original and creative thinking.
- Documents all set-ups and tabulation of test results.
- Based on broad practical experience, enhances existing products to achieve improved performance.
Requires a high school diploma plus additional training equal to two years of college education and/or a minimum three to five years of related experience. Requires advanced technical knowledge of microwave electronic principles and RF test equipment. Ability to provide practical solutions to complex theoretical problems. Previous RCS testing experience is not required, but a strong desire to become the L3Harris expert in RCS testing is a requirement.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Flexible to work varied shifts, overtime, weekends and travel on occasion.
- Able to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, and squat.
- Able to occasionally push, and reach.
- Able to move items up to 25 pounds for distances of up to 100 feet.
- Must have good repetitive manual dexterity with both hands.
- Must have sufficient vision to see relative positions of small parts and able to discern symmetry and proper alignment.
- Based upon your job duties, and need to visit different areas within the company, you may be exposed to; fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals (well below OSHA and ACGIH exposure guidelines), outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and/or be part of a hearing conservation program due to noise levels around certain equipment.
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.