Menlo Park, CaliforniaJob ID AS20210704-59306
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Engineering Associate
Job Code: AS20210704-59306
Job Location: Menlo Park, CA
Randtron Antenna Systems, a division of L3Harris Technology, is a leading designer, developer and manufacturer of advance military aircraft antennas and antenna systems. An Engineering Services Tech is responsible for supporting engineers in the design, development, and testing of prototype microwave devices and systems, ensuring that prototypes meet design specifications. In particular, this position will involve testing the Radar Cross Section (RCS) of Low Observable (LO) antennas.
- Conducts RCS testing of LO Antennas and post processing of the data.
- Managers the Compact Range RCS Test facility, maintains all equipment, troubleshoots issues and handles any necessary repairs
- Tests performance of complex microwave devices and systems utilizing a variety of test equipment.
- Designs, builds, maintains, and calibrates test equipment and fixtures from blueprints, schematics and/or verbal instructions.
- Identifies and isolates product malfunctions and takes corrective action involving original and creative thinking.
- Documents all set-ups and tabulation of test results.
- Based on broad practical experience, enhances existing products to achieve improved performance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD security clearance.
Requires a high school diploma plus additional training equal to two years of college education and/or a minimum three to five years of related experience. Requires advanced technical knowledge of microwave electronic principles and RF test equipment. Ability to provide practical solutions to complex theoretical problems. Previous RCS testing experience is not required, but a strong desire to become the L3Harris expert in RCS testing is a requirement.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Flexible to work varied shifts, overtime, weekends and travel on occasion.
- Able to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, and squat.
- Able to occasionally push, and reach.
- Able to move items up to 70 pounds for distances of up to 100 feet.
- Must have good repetitive manual dexterity with both hands.
- Must have sufficient vision to see relative positions of small parts and able to discern symmetry and proper alignment.
- Based upon your job duties, and need to visit different areas within Randtron, you may be exposed to; fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals (well below OSHA and ACGIH exposure guidelines), outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and/or be part of a hearing conservation program due to noise levels around certain equipment.
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.