Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Electro Mechanical Assembler
Menlo Park, CaliforniaJob ID AS20210112-73515
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Electro Mechanical Assembler
Job Code: FBSC
Job Location: Menlo Park, CA
Responsible for performing moderately complex electro-mechanical assembly tasks related to the manufacture of small antennas and related subassemblies.
- Performs electrical and mechanical assembly work utilizing blueprints, drawings and operation sheets.
- Performs J-Standard hand soldering, wiring, and assembling of small complex components.
- Uses standard hand tools and various epoxies to perform operations.
- Must be able to perform work with microscopes for extended periods of time.
- Able to use measuring devices such as weighing machines, rulers, and multi-meters.
- Interfaces with QA and Test personnel to ensure subassemblies are inspected and tested at specified checkpoints.
- Performs rework and repairs as required.
- Performs limited, intermittent physical exertion.
- Requires a high school diploma and/or a minimum of seven to nine years of related electro-mechanical assembly experience, and the ability to read operation sheets and moderately complex blueprints. Also requires soldering skills, knowledge of electronic components and color codes, the ability to use measuring instruments such as caliper and scale,and use of formulas. Ability to pass IPC J-STD-001.
- Flexible to work varied shifts, overtime and weekends.
- Must have good repetitive manual dexterity with both hands.
- Must have sufficient vision to see relative positions of small parts and able to discern symmetry and proper alignment.
- Will be exposed to some or all of the following: fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and moderate to loud noise levels.
- Able to stoop, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time.
- Able to push and reach for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift 30 pounds close to the body repetitively. (Employees need to ask for assistance and use material handling tools for lesser weight in awkward location and/or body positions and for any items over 30 pounds).
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.