Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID AS20213009-70245
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Virtualization Engineer
Job ID: AS20213009-70245
Location: Melbourne, FL
L3Harris is seeking for a talented Virtualization Engineer to provide mission-critical support to a large government program and you will be working to help support the global aviation community with advanced systems and services that significantly increase the safety, security and capacity of global air traffic management systems to meet the growing demand of air transportation operations. As the Virtualization Engineer, you have the opportunity to partner and collaborate across various teams and be a key member in developing, deploying, and maintaining architecture solutions for special projects.
- Manage VMware Horizon Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) deployments using Windows and RHEL instant clone desktops.
- Monitor and maintain of local and remote hyperconverged infrastructure (VMware, vSphere) as well traditional infrastructures utilizing vSAN and enterprise class storage arrays (Cisco UCS servers, UCS fabrics, NetApp, TrueNAS).
- Monitor/troubleshoot hardware for issues and failures in vCenter and ESXi using vRealize Operations (vROPS)
- Collaborate with various teams including Engineering and Internal and external customers, to translate requirements and objectives into final product designs, resolve problems to correct trouble within the environment.
- Obtain a public trust security clearance.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, and a minimum of six (6) years of experience, or two (2) years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of prior experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of two (4) years of prior experience, or a minimum of twelve (12) years of experience.
- Minimum three (3+) years of experience with Cisco UCS servers, UCS fabrics, NetApp, TrueNAS storage arrays.
- Minimum three (3+) years of experience working with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certification registration, account creation, and certificate issuance.
- Minimum three (3+) years of experience working with VMware vSphere, and Horizon VDI.
- Minimum three (3+) years of experience working with RHEL and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience working with scripting and automation tools, such as Bash, PowerShell, Python, and Ansible
- Experience working with Identity Management (IdM) utilizing SAML
- Develop and implement DevOps practices and procedures for private and hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Develop self-documenting SaaS and HaaS systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Professional certifications (Microsoft, RHEL, VMware, NetApp)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.