Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Tier III IP Network Engineering Senior Specialist
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID SAS20232605-101290
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Tier III IP Network Engineering Sr Specialist
Requisition ID: SAS20232605-101290
Location: Melbourne, FL
L3Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 100 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximately $6 billion of annual revenue and about 20,000 engineers and scientists. L3Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications products, systems, and services. Additional information about L3Harris Corporation is available at L3Harris.com.
L3Harris is seeking a motivated individual looking for an exciting opportunity to join the team as a Tier III IP Network Engineer to support innovative network solutions. This role is part of our Special Forces team. The selected candidate will be working on multiple programs and initiatives for L3Harris as the primary contractor. As an IP Network Engineer, supporting the management and implementation of IP network solutions. The selected candidate will collaborate with internal and external teams. Work independently on projects from start to finish, including developing network designs based upon user requirements, creating network diagrams using Visio, configuring network equipment, and full implementation follow-through and documentation of requirements.
- The Tier III IP Network Engineer will be responsible for 3rd level support for troubleshooting and resolving IP backbone and customer routing issues.
- Design, engineer and implement solutions that support customer requirements and critical backbone architecture
- Create network documentation and training as required for supporting engineering and NOC teams
- Define and implement best practices for network and capacity management
- Identify areas of opportunity for automation and network optimization.
- Routinely perform proof of concepts and service trials while documenting system integration.
- Support on-call rotation and planned off hours maintenance events as needed
- Bachelor of Science in Networking, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant work experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 10 years of prior related experience required.
- 6+ years of network engineering experience with IP networks.
- 6+ years of experience in the design, development and implementation of IP and MPLS network architectures.
- Excellent IP configuration and troubleshooting skills to include PIM, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, VPLS, VRFs, L3VPN and Ethernet.
- Experience developing and creating IP Addressing Plans.
- Advanced presentation and technical writing experience.
- Strong experience working with Microsoft Office software applications and Visio.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Expert level industry certifications (e.g. CCIE)
- Experience with Network Scripting
- Strength in project management leadership
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.