Tier 3 Network Engineer
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID AS20210305-60699
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
IP Tier 3 Network Engineer
Req #: AS20210305-60699
Location: Melbourne, FL
We are looking for a motivated individual ready for an exciting opportunity to join the team as an IP Tier 3 Engineer, supporting network migrations for the FAA. The selected candidate will be working on multiple FAA NextGen programs and initiatives for Harris as an IP Network Engineer, supporting the management and implementation of IP network solutions. The selected candidate will collaborate both with internal and external teams, work independently on projects from start to finish, including developing network designs based upon user requirements, creating network diagrams using Visio, configuring network equipment, and full implementation follow-through and documentation of requirements.
- Evaluate technologies and designs in relation to the critical infrastructure and service needs for external customers
- Support on-call rotation and planned off hours maintenance events as needed
- Troubleshoot and resolve backbone and customer routing issues
- Implement solutions that support customer visions and objectives
- Participate in inter-program initiatives and discussions to resolve technical challenges
- Create and maintain documentation and training for engineering and NOC teams
- Maintain operational excellence of network system and components to exceed customer expectations
- Define and implement best practices for network and capacity management
- Identify areas of opportunity for automation and network optimization
- Routinely perform proof of concepts and service trials while documenting system integration
- Periodically travel to meet for requirement meetings and system integration planning
- Obtain a security clearance
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Networking, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent of a 4-year accredited degree in a technical discipline.
- 8+ years of network engineering experience with IP networks and 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree or, a 4-year Bachelor of Science degree with 4+ years relevant experience with IP networks.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the design, development, and implementation of IP and MPLS network architectures.
- Possess an intermediate (CCNA certification, or equivalent experience) level of experience troubleshooting IP network configurations.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in creating IP address plans and peering relationships based on BGP, HSRP and static routes.
- Minimum of 4 years of presentation and technical writing experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with Microsoft Office software applications and Visio.
- Please be aware that this position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Domain knowledge of data protocols including TCP/IP, DMVPN, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, EIGRP, HSRP, IS-IS, LDP, PIM, MSDP, and Ethernet.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to interact with potential new customers and/or existing customers about their network requirements are a plus.
- Cisco networking equipment knowledge: CCNA and CCNP is preferred.
L3Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law
L3Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 100 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximately $6 billion of annual revenue and about 20,000 engineers and scientists. L3Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications products, systems, and services. Additional information about L3Harris Corporation is available at L3Harris.com.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.