Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
TDM Network Operations Specialist (NOS)
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID SAS20221305-82323
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: TDM Network Operations Specialist (NOS)
Job Code: SAS20221305-82323
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
L3Harris is looking for a TDM Network Control Specialist who will support a large nationwide customer. This individual will be a key member of the Network Operations Control Center (NOCC), and they will closely support the geographically dispersed network and team located throughout North America. The TDM Network Control Specialist will be responsible for being the first line of support for the customer and field team to troubleshoot and assist with developing solutions and support mission-critical programs.
- Provide technical support for a large nationwide network which includes monitoring, analyzing, and troubleshooting network problems within Network Operations Control Center (NOCC) utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
- Monitor the alarm conditions on the network to proactively identify and minimize disruption and impact to the FAA network, and perform root cause analysis to determine a plan of action for restoring customer services.
- Employ test methods to analyze channelized/unchanneled T1, T3, utilizing DACs equipment, Ethernet, IP, Frame Relay, ATM, WAN, LAN, SONET, and TDM.
- Assist Local Exchange Carriers (LEC), ILECs, and IXCs to resolve WAN problems, and assist onsite field technicians remotely to resolve local issues.
- This position is part of an onsite 24x7x365 NOCC environment where working rotating shifts is an essential function of the position as required by business needs. Workday schedule flexibility is required. This position is not eligible for remote work due to secure network access requirements.
- Periodically support short-term emergency evacuation to local or remote backup facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Networking, Information Technology or related field with 6 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associate’s Degree with a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience.
- Minimum of 10 Years layer 1 Troubleshooting experience.
- Minimum of 10 Years networking experience with layer 1, 2, and 3.
- Minimum of 10 Years networking technologies experience with SONET and/or Time Division Multiplexing (TDM).
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities considered:
- Familiarity working with networking technologies such as RF, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, HSRP, ATM, and Frame Relay.
- Experience with Network Management tools such as Cisco Prime SNMPc, Orion, and Netflow.
- Experience in UNIX and Remote Access solutions.
- Experience with call center phone systems and working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Certifications such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.