Systems Engineer 4
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID AS20213003-58917
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Systems Engineer 4
Job Code: AS20213003-58917
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
L3Harris is seeking a Systems Engineer for the Data Comm Integration Services program. Data Comm is a transformational program within the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration’s Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) Initiative and L3Harris Technologies is a key member of the Data Comm Team. L3Harris is seeking a talented mid-level Systems Engineer to work with FAA and Data Comm Contractor Systems Engineering, Technical and Flight Operations personnel to develop concept of operations, design, and implementation plans for FAA Data Comm En Route phase.
- Lead, manage, and mentor junior engineers
- Analyze existing implementations, interfaces, data sets, and operational processes
- Collaborate work with end users, developers, and other stakeholders to define enhancements to existing solutions
- Draft well-formed requirements and work with stakeholders to refine them
- Manage requirements in DOORS and keep the req baseline under close control
- Work closely with development teams to monitor development and ensure that the developers are delivering to baselined requirements
- Generate and execute test procedures to verify requirement compliance
- Assist with obtaining new business by working with other team members to envision solutions, draft task order performance work statements, generate task order proposal inputs including architecture, design, schedule, and BOEs
- Perform SE processes IAW L3Harris command media and CMMI best practices
- Develop and deliver presentations to communicate design activity plans and status to Data Comm Team personnel; conduct and participate in technical Interchange Meetings, design reviews, and working groups.
- Articulate technical capabilities to customers, analyze customer problems and provide innovative solutions to FAA Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Information (RFI) and Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs).
- Lead small teams in the development of technical proposals.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present technical concepts well with engineers, users, and team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Aeronautics or Engineering discipline (Systems, Software, Electrical, etc.)
- 6 years of prior systems engineering experience
- Experience with complete Systems Engineering Lifecycle including proposal development, preparation of technical papers, advanced concept development, implementation and delivery.
- Experience interfacing with customer technical representatives and system users,
- Experience with establishing and maintaining requirements baselines in DOORS
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledgeable of Air Traffic Control Operations/Systems, flight management systems, avionics systems/equipment and commercial aviation and/or airframes (e.g., Boeing; Airbus)
- Knowledge of/experience with FAA Standards, Specifications, Orders, etc. and Aerospace Industry standards (RTCA, ARINC, etc.).
- Experience working with flight management systems and avionics systems/equipment.
- Knowledge of Air Traffic Control Operations/Systems or flight experience such as FAA certified Instrument Rated Pilot.
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering and National Air Space (NAS) operational systems and communications requirements.
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management Systems and Control Account Management
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.