Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID CHQ20232109-106415
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sustainability Analyst (New Grad)
Job ID: CHQ20232109-106415
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
The Environmental, Health, Safety, & Sustainability (EHS&S) Senior Associate will work within a cross-functional team with a specific focus on data analytics and tracking within our environmental sustainability management software system and will report into the Corporate Sustainability Senior Director. This role will be supporting the development of departmental metrics, data analytics, key performance indicators (KPIs), data processes and controls, internal and external reports and presentations in connection with L3Harris’ strategic sustainability program. This individual will have a thorough understanding of various data analytic tools, data management systems and the ability to learn and adapt quickly. In addition, this individual will have a general understanding of sustainability concepts including greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, water use, and waste diversion.
- Lead enterprise-wide environmental sustainability data management, which includes coordinating data collection, validation and analytics.
- Identify key trends and major drivers to support environmental sustainability performance metrics on at least a quarterly basis.
- Support regular requests for sustainability data using multiple database software applications.
- Develop analytical models to support annual goal setting and net-zero strategic discussions.
- Develop dashboards to streamline common data requests and support data-driven decision making.
- Manage the existing sustainability performance dashboards by troubleshooting issues and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for standardizing quarterly metrics and presentations communicating performance results and corporate initiatives.
- Support third-party verification of L3Harris’ GHG emissions data on an annual basis.
- Responsible for data analytics that feed into the annual Sustainability Report.
- Assist segment sustainability leads in calculating environmental sustainability project reductions.
- Support corporate sustainability initiatives related to GHG emissions, water use and waste diversion.
- Responsible for supporting an environmental sustainability data audit process that aligns and integrates into our environmental sustainability management framework.
- Responsible for tracking and resolving technical issues within our environmental sustainability data software management system in collaboration with our software provider.
- Responsible for managing and implementing environmental sustainability software solution improvement projects.
- Manage a tracking system for environmental sustainability reduction projects and initiatives as it pertains to eco-treasure hunts, energy use, GHG emissions, water, solid waste and project cost analysis.
- Develop and deliver data related trainings and be able to provide technical guidance across the enterprise.
- Assist with data requirements associated with external rater/ranker disclosure requirements (e.g., CDP, MSCI, Sustainalytics).
- Support Scope 3 GHG inventory data collection and analysis.
- Work with segment EHS&S leadership and cross-functional peers to identify and co-manage sustainability projects and track progress efficiently and effectively.
- Actively monitor and manage sustainability project pipeline to enable leading indicator metrics.
- Advise locations in the development of business case justification to support the allocation of capital or overhead expenditures supporting sustainability.
- Travel approximately less than 10% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) or related degree.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel) products at an advanced level.
- Excellent and effective written/verbal communication and organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, including ensuring deliverable deadlines are met.
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal, problem-solving, and analysis skills
- Data science and/or data visualization skills
- Languages: SQL, VBA, or Python
- Previous experience with Alteryx for data cleanup and processing
- Previous experience with cloud-based servers (i.e., Snowflake)
- Previous experience with local-based servers (i.e., Oracle or Amazon Warehouse)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.