Sr Spec, Info Sec Sys Engrg
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID AS20210305-60677
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Enterprise Cloud Security Engineer 4
Location: Melbourne, Florida
L3Harris is searching for a talented Cloud Security Engineering professional to join the L3Harris Enterprise Security Team. This position supports our Enterprise Network Security Operations and Engineering organization for the design, testing, implementation and operation of a portfolio of managed network security services for our US and State government customers. This position will support our Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Create, implement and commission cloud-based security platforms in a variety of environments (e.g. PaaS, Iaas, SaaS, and SECaaS) to meet US government customer specified requirements. Provide tier II/III security engineering support to the SOC team to troubleshoot and resolve customer-impacting events that affect performance.
- Establish and deliver documentation and processes that support government auditing and authorization of cloud-based security architectures to meet tailored NIST control requirements.
- Independently develops reference materials (network diagrams, installation documentation, etc.) for supported network technologies to be used for both online and in-person training of SOC tier I staff.
- Report on the health of the cloud services to management, providing detailed technical information around both lifecycle and cost management, with recommendations for improvement if required.
- Serve as overall subject matter expert on cloud engineer technology and market capabilities/trends.
- Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of cloud network, storage, and compute technologies.
- Formulate detailed network, storage, and compute design specifications for stable and secure computing operations in a dynamic cloud-based environment.
- Liaise with customers, architecture leadership and technical teams, including systems and network administrators, security engineers, and IT Support teams.
- Execute architecture blueprints and bring it to reality with a DevSecOps mindset & culture.
- Manages assigned projects and meets deadlines with minimal supervision from Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Serves as both a professional and technical mentor to other System Engineers.
- Perform threat modeling and simulations to detect possible risks and provide security recommendations on topics such as SOA design or application development.
- Act as primary engineering support to network security operations for the testing and evaluation of new Security products and services used in the cloud.
- Supervise the technical work of junior security engineers to perform systems engineering design, testing and implementation of cloud-based security infrastructure and services.
- Obtain and maintain clearance.
- Periodically work shift periods that includes evening and weekend rotations
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security or related field, and minimum 6 years related experience; or a Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security or related field, and minimum 4 years related experience
- 6 years minimum experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, scripting languages like Python, and cloud provider ecosystems such as Amazon AWS and MS Azure.
- Experience in application and compliance of customer tailored NIST and FISMA controls and policies.
- Experience collecting system logs and event data and performing engineering analysis to determine system security function, performance and compliance.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent attention to detail, as they must constantly monitor systems to ensure there are no external threats.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills will be essential when interacting with team members.
- Must have initiative and serve as a project leader when needed.
- Be able to demonstrate ingenuity and strong problem-solving skills in order to swiftly and creatively deal with threats or flaws in networks.
- Prior FAA telecommunications and network security experience is a plus.
- CCSP, CCNA or CISSP certification.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.