Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Systems Engineering (Data Comm)
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID SAS20222911-94014
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Systems Engineering (Data Comm)
Job ID: SAS20222911-94014
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
L3Harris is seeking a Systems Engineer for the Data Comm Integration Services program. Data Comm is a transformational program within the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration’s Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) Initiative and L3Harris Technologies is a key member of the Data Comm Team. L3Harris is seeking a talented Systems Engineer to work with FAA and Data Comm Contractor Systems Engineering, Technical and Flight Operations personnel to develop concept of operations, design, and implementation plans for FAA Data Comm En Route phase.
At L3Harris Technologies we understand the benefits of a flexible work environment. Employees may be able to work a hybrid schedule with the understanding that the employee may be required to attend team meetings and key events in person when deemed appropriate by leadership.
- Collaborate with end users, developers, and other stakeholders to resolve issues and define enhancements to existing solutions
- Analyze existing implementations, interfaces, data sets, and operational processes to determine root cause of issues and corrective actions
- Interface with FAA customers in working group and technical interchange environments
- Draft well-formed system requirements and work with stakeholders to refine them
- Work closely with development teams to monitor development and ensure that the developers are delivering to baselined requirements
- Generate and execute test procedures to verify requirement compliance
- Perform SE processes in accordance with L3Harris command media and CMMI best practices
- Develop and deliver presentations to communicate design activity plans and status to Data Comm Team personnel; conduct and participate in technical Interchange Meetings, design reviews, and working groups.
- Articulate technical capabilities to customers, analyze customer problems and provide innovative solutions to FAA Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Information (RFI) and Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs).
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience, or
- Graduate Degree or equivalent with 2 years of prior related experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a FAA public trust clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience working with aircraft avionics systems including FMS, VHF radio, and Satcom (Connectivity systems)
- Experience working with software tools and/or computer programming
- Experience with complete Systems Engineering Lifecycle
- Experience in preparation of technical papers, design, implementation and delivery.
- Experience interfacing with customer technical representatives and system users, strong communication skills and ability to present technical concepts well with engineers, users, and team members.
- Experience with establishing and maintaining requirements baselines in DOORS
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.