L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Procurement
Job Code: SAS20210501-54683
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
- Develop and manage RFQ/RFP process, negotiate agreements and manage/administer the contract for medium complexity and value for government and commercial programs.
- Evaluates bids and selects suppliers based on price, delivery, quality, and service to obtain best overall value for Harris.
- Utilize MRP systems, PeopleSoft financial system, Supplier Rating System, and expo portal applications.
- Interprets FAR/DFAR/ITAR laws, rules and regulations regarding import/export control certifications and licenses.
- Tracks all Purchase Orders through reports, works matched exceptions, open commitments, receiving discrepancies, returns, supplier discrepancies, and problem reports/supplier corrective action responses. Interfaces with receiving and accounting to resolve issues.
- Meets established goals, objectives, and performance metrics and solves problems of increased scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Confers with suppliers to determine factors that affect competitive total cost of ownership consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules. Evaluate root cause and corrective action with suppliers on late delivery performance.
- Builds stable working relationships with manufacturing, quality engineers, material management and program office regarding procurement demands by early involvement with programs and suppliers to determine risk mitigation actions for critical path parts.
- Participate on projects/teams as assigned.
- Secondary/Associate’s Degree with a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience, BS/BA Degree with a minimum 4+ years related experience, or a MS/MA Degree with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Knowledgeable in procurement, supply chain, and material management processes.
- Experience in procuring complex electronics to drawings/specifications.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to follow through with work assignments and show dedication to producing work of the highest quality.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Negotiation and follow up skills.
- PC skills in MS office, with Word and Excel formats essential.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.