Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID AS20211111-72556
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Contracts Manager
Job ID: AS20211410-70965
Job Location: Melbourne, Florida - Hybrid
The Mission Networks Sector under the Aviation Systems Segment primarily supports the FAA by providing air traffic management systems, products and services that improve operations safety and efficiency. The business designs, implements, and operates large, complex networks supporting air traffic management and mission critical communications; develops voice communications systems; and develops air traffic movement and information systems.
The Specialist, Contracts Manager will be responsible for managing and maintaining various contracts and reporting up to the Director, Contracts. This includes items such as preparing and delivering contractual correspondence, proposal preparation, supporting negotiations, and administration of other agreements and files. They will interface with external and internal customers for pursuits and programs, support pursuits, aid in development of new concepts or technologies; and communicate within and outside of the organization to influence leadership to accept new practices, approaches, and concepts.
- Performs proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and execution in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Administers contracts and agreements in accordance with federal government regulations and company policies and procedures, manages and negotiates customer changes to such agreements.
- Prepares proposals, bids, progress, and other reports as required.
- Examines terms of solicitations, requirements, and delivery schedules to provide written reviews to management identifying and mitigating risks to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Actively participate in new business pursuit activity requiring a sound knowledge of competitive and sole source proposal preparation processes.
- Advises pursuit team, program team, and management of contractual rights and obligations of the pursuits and programs for which you are responsible.
- Proactively identifies pursuit, program and company risks and provides recommended mitigations.
- Effective communicator within program multi-functional teams, contracts professionals, internal management, and all levels of customer counterparts.
- Compiles and analyzes data and maintains historical information.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and fulfill obligations and commitments.
- Position will require interaction with internal and external customers, including USG.
- Requires proficient knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management. Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- Experience and sound working knowledge of U.S. government procurement regulations (FAR / DFAR / FAA AMS, etc.)
- Ability to interpret contractual requirements and provide guidance to program personnel and management.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience negotiating complex contract terms and conditions.
- Experience with competitive proposals and procurements.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills necessary for working in a team environment.
- Self-starter with good organizational and computer skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Power Point, Excel.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.