L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Specialist, Subcontracts
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
Job Code: SAS20191212-37851
L3Harris Technologies is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented Subcontracts professional to join their SATCOM Ground based Midcourse Defense (GMD) team in Melbourne, Florida. In this role, the Subcontracts Specialist would provide Government subcontracts and procurement support for both sales, program activities.
Essential tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for subcontract sourcing, proposal evaluation, negotiation, award, execution, administration and closeout phases
- Assesses supplier performance and regularly communicates feedback to Supplier Leadership
- Manages supplier performance throughout the subcontracting lifecycle
- Ensures compliance with all FAR, DFARS and public law requirements, as well as company policies and procedures
- Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations
- Cultivates and maintains strong working relationships with suppliers, customers and internal stakeholders
- Contributes to Program Risk and Opportunity management
- Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement
- Develop and maintain working relationships with cross-functional partners.
- Provide timely and accurate subcontract status to L3Harris Management.
- Ensure budget and sales forecast performance is met.
- Identify commercial and contractual risks and recommend strategies to minimize or manage those risks, at all stages of the contracting lifecycle
- Serve as the liaison between L3Harris and its Customers and Subcontractors within the area of operations
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum four (4) years’ industry experience working in subcontracts management and/or supply chain management
- Master’s Degree with a minimum two (2) years’ industry experience working in subcontracts management and/or supply chain management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Economics, Law or Business preferred
- Experience in the following contract types: FFP, IDIQ, FPIF, T&M, Labor Hour, Cost Reimbursement (w/fixed-fee, incentive fee or award fee).
- Knowledge of and experience with FAR, DFAR, ITAR, and EAR regulations.
- Experience managing budgets and sales forecasting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of Products.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the following tools:
- Agile PDM, CONTROL, PeopleSoft
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Presentation skills
- Negotiating skills
- Working level knowledge of Business Law
- Risk mitigation experience
- In-Scope DOD Top Secret Security Clearance or higher that has been granted or renewed within the past 6 year
- Ability to present complex material to an audience of varying skill levels
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to develop effective working relationships with Business Development and Program Management peers as well as external customers
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.