Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Systems Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Systems Engineering
Job Code: SAS20220806-83636
Job Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
L3Harris is seeking an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to support the Airservices Australia (AsA) Enterprise Network Modernization Program (ASA-ENMP). This is an important role focusing on the Systems Engineering elements of the overall program and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skillset and experience, and significantly contribute to Airservices’ industry leading pathway to Air Traffic Modernization. You will join a great team of talented professionals who take a collaborative approach and enjoy working together. We are a company on the move with more than five decades of innovative and exceptional performance; we have earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be directly supporting the Chief Systems Engineer, translating L3Harris’s previous experience standing up a managed network services program for the ASA-ENMP program through development and initial deployment.
Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting or conducting various system engineering activities as required for one or more elements of the project in accordance with associated plans, processes and procedures.
This position requires an Airservices background check with duties to include:
- Assisting with conversion of customer or product requirements into total solution that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints;
- Contributing to a successful outcome from programmatic reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, ISD);
- Managing system requirements (performing requirements analysis, writing, traceability, documentation);
- Defining system design (creating system diagrams, interconnection diagrams, IP plans, dial plans, feature design documents as required);
- Software deployment & configuration;
- Preparation of Site Designs including interconnection diagrams and rack layouts;
- Integration of third party subsystems (e.g. radio and telephony interfaces, monitoring systems, recording systems);
- Producing documentation and manuals;
- Providing end-user and end-maintainer training, as required;
- Creating test procedures, conducting Production Acceptance Testing, Systems Integration Testing, Factory Acceptance Testing, Site Acceptance Testing;
- Acting as the Lead Systems Engineer for one or more elements of the project, i.e. conducting, overseeing or otherwise taking responsibility for all systems engineering activities and work products for assigned technology domain elements;
- Must have excellent interpersonal communications skills, an assured and commanding presence during briefings. Clear verbal and written skills are mandatory;
- Travel will be required within Australia to facilitate customer and partner coordination as well as support remote site audits.
- Bachelor of Engineering or similar degree, with relevant majors (ideally Electronics or Communications or any other interdisciplinary majors that aid in understanding the Systems Engineering methodology and/or relevant technologies, with a minimum of 6 years of previous relevant experience
- Able to undergo and obtain Australian Defence security clearance to NV1
- A demonstrated knowledge of IP Networking (WAN/LAN) & associated security mechanisms (Firewalls, Information Assurance)
- 6+ years of experience as an engineer on large electronic systems integration projects
- 6+ years of experience with part or full systems engineering lifecycle / systems engineering methodology, i.e. customer needs, system requirements, system design and/or system test
- 6+ years of experience with customer requirements reviews, design reviews and/or test and acceptance events with the customer
- 6+ years of demonstrated proficiency in PC skills including hardware and/or software installation or configuration
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working directly with Airservices or similar Governmental Air Traffic organization to develop, test and deploy a new automation or network service to the field
- Experience working as an engineer on delivery of a Defence, or mission critical capability
- The ability to work autonomously, as well as in a team supporting other systems engineers
- Experience with Security and Safety programs will be well regarded
- Experience in a multi-disciplined engineering environment
- Experience with DOORS or other requirements management tools, eg. Visio
- Experience in Voice Communications Systems, Radios, Telephony (VoIP, analog or digital)
- Other less relevant but adjacent competencies such as programming/coding, electronics projects, ICT skills, hardware development, project management are also beneficial.
The candidate must be able to undergo and obtain Australian Defence security clearance to NV1.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Employer that embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Applications including a covering letter and resume should be sent by applying below.
We thank all applications in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.