Senior Specialist, Audit
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID CHQ20211504-59817
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Under the general guidance of the Manager, Audit, the Lead Auditor will conduct financial, operational, and compliance assurance audits across all areas of our business. This position will also provide consultative support to business partners to identify solutions to address audit findings with the objective of mitigating risk and improving financial and operational performance. The role requires strong accounting and financial mindset, ability to build good working relationships with process owners, management, and internal and external auditors, effective communication skills, ability to multi-task as required, and ability to work independently.
- Assist with walkthroughs of business process controls and test for design and operating effectiveness pursuant to our annual Sarbanes-Oxley 404 assessment process, financial, operational and other compliance audits
- Prepare work papers documenting procedures performed and that fully support audit findings
- Assist in the preparation of Internal Audit reports which include formal recommendations to management for review and implementation
- Keep abreast of company policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions
- Track and follow up on audit findings
- Interact with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism
- Independently and objectively execute audits in accordance with professional auditing standards
- Effectively interact with and communicate results to auditees, audit management, business unit management and Corporate executive management
- Perform special projects or reviews, as assigned
- Travel up to 20% including some international locations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or a Graduate Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Professional certification (e.g., CPA, CIA, CFE)
- Public Accounting experience
- Industry internal audit experience
- Understanding of business process risks and internal controls
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.