Senior Datacenter Engineer 4
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID AS20210305-60665
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Senior Datacenter Engineer 4
Req #: AS20210305-60665
Location: Melbourne, Florida
L3Harris is looking for a talented Senior Datacenter Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining the data center environment (servers and networking components) You will provide mission-critical support to a large government program. As the Enterprise IT Architect, you have the opportunity to partner and collaborate across various teams and be a key member in developing, deploying, and maintaining architecture solutions for special projects
- Configure and maintain several FlexPods consisting of Cisco UCS Blades and NetApp AFF/FAS controllers.
- Monitor and maintain a virtualized VMware environment spanning several datacenters.
- Manage a Cisco ACI Software Defined Network (SDN) across a multi-tenant datacenter environment.
- Manage Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) deployments supporting local and remote employees using linked/instant clone desktops.
- Build out and maintain the physical datacenters to include server racks, cooling, power, and cabling.
- Perform system patching / upgrades to maintain CIS compliance.
- Work closely with teammates, adjacent business functions, and customers to resolve problems to correct trouble within the environment and to develop, deploy, and maintain architecture solutions for projects.
- Periodically support an “on call” rotation after hours and on weekends
- Obtain a Security Clearance.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security or related field, and a minimum of six (6) years of related experience, or two (2) years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of two (4) years of prior related experience, or a minimum of 14 years of related experience.
- Prior experience working with Cisco UCS (Blade and Rackmount servers)
- Prior experience working in a Data Center environment.
- VMware experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.