Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Security Ops Control Center Analyst
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID SAS20223006-85826
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Security Ops Control Center Analyst
Job Code: SAS20223006-85826
Job Location:Melbourne, Florida
L3Harris is searching for talented entry level Information Systems Security professionals to join the L3Harris Security Operations Team as a Security Analyst. This is a Level 2 Information Systems Security (ISS) position that is staffed in the Security Operations Control Center (SOCC).
- This position is ONSITE in Melbourne, FL.
- Responsible for cybersecurity threat intelligence data collection via open intelligence sources.
- Organizes, documents, and collaborates discovered intelligence via information sharing platform.
- Researches threat actors, malware, attack vectors, and other threat information, collects indicators of compromise, documents and advises management on prevention and remediation strategies.
- Continually evaluates accuracy of open source threat intelligence and evolves intelligence collection strategies as sources deteriorate or conflict.
- Maintains and updates past intelligence with new information is provided.
- Produces well-written reports outlining current industry threats, findings on managed network, and best practices following detected threats.
- Collaborates with other teams to locate and remediate threats based on intelligence collected and communicated.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- 2-4 years related experience with BS/BA (Bachelors) in Information Technology/Computer Information Systems or Cyber/Information Security; or 6+ years related experience with 4 years post-Secondary/AA-AS degree; or 8+ years related experience with no degree.
- Understanding of various Operating Systems.
- Understanding of system logs and familiarity with log analysis.
- Understanding of cyber-attack vectors (Buffer Overflow, Phishing, etc.)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a FAA public trust clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Information Security experience.
- Security+ Certification or equivalent certification preferred.
- Understanding of system vulnerabilities and exploitation.
- Understanding of vulnerability mitigation.
- Knowledge of SIEM functions threat hunting, correlation of events, and metrics development.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, be self-motivated and a self-starter, maintain a curiosity and desire to learn, and be able to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize vulnerability mitigation efforts based on risk assessments
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.