Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Scientist, Systems Engineering
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID CS20220512-94272
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Scientist, Systems Engineering
Job Code: CS20220512-94272
Job Location: Melbourne/Palm Bay, Florida
L3Harris Corporation is seeking a Scientist Advanced Systems/Project Engineer for the Melbourne/Palm Bay, FL location. This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to mission critical systems solutions that help protect the U.S.A. and our allies. You will join a great team of talented professionals who take a collaborative approach and enjoy working together.
- Responsible to meet with Internal and External Customer base to understand needs, requirements, budgets and timeframe to develop compliant technical solutions that meet Customer needs and budget limitations.
- Responsible for providing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Manage engineering subcontractors through regular interactions,
- Development of technical documentation and coordinating design review activities.
- Ensure the logical and systematic development of total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints considering customer needs and product capabilities.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Assist with the development of specification and manage requirement flow down to lower level specifications.
- Develops statements of work, technical volumes, project plans and schedules, estimate resources, and material needs. Orchestrate artifacts via collaboration among engineering and support staff.
- Develop CONOPS and Use Cases
- Perform analyses at all levels of total system product to concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Manage risk and opportunity with internal and external customers; work with technical team to identify, mitigate and close program risks.
- Work multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Software or Systems Engineering (or similar technical discipline)
- 12+ years of related experience (or 10+ years with a Master’s degree)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 10+ years of experience three of the following skills (Military Tactical Environments, RF terrestrial, Satcom and/or Ground Mobile Networking).
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment; ability to interact, anticipate and respond to customer needs.
- Willing and able to travel Internationally to meet with Customers for current and future development opportunities.C4ISR Systems and Operations experience
- Maritime and Coastal Systems experience is a plus
- Prior military experience as a signals officer is a plus
- Requirements managements, traceability, and verification with IBM Rational DOORS
- Communication Systems experience
- Knowledge of SATCOM systems, RF and wired networking, existing MIL-STD data links, RF systems, and Modems.
- Experience with Government contracting, proposal writing, and business acquisition process
- Experience as a successful technical leader for a diverse engineering development team including hardware, mechanical, network, software and RF engineers.
- Applying the Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) process and tools
- Knowledge and understanding of applying MIL-STDs to the developing of new products / systems.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.