Risk Analyst (New Grad- Melbourne, FL)
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID CHQ20211103-57928
What makes a successful Intern at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
I completed two summer internships at L3Harris before transitioning to a full-time role. I was able to learn firsthand about the engineering process, the quality of products produced, the helpfulness of my co-workers, how the company operates and the potential to expand my career.Jason, Electrical Engineer, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Risk Analyst (New Grad – Melbourne, FL)
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
- Prepaid insurance account reconciliation for various lines of insurance
- Invoice management including new vendor requests, obtaining supporting documents, and processing invoices for approvals
- Interfacing with the tax department for reporting foreign excise tax on foreign invoices
- Administering incoming US mail, department electronic mailbox, ordering supplies, and maintaining document file storage
- Assisting with forecasts, government forward pricings and incurred cost audits on selected lines of insurance
- Providing auto ID cards and certificates of insurance at policy renewal and throughout the year
- Managing contract review requests with the risk management team and insurance brokers
- Working with insurance brokers to maintain annual insurance schedules
- Maintaining the department SharePoint site for servicing the divisions
- Attending broker open item meetings, broker renewal strategy (pre-renewal) and stewardship (post-renewal) meetings
- Allocating insurance premiums and submitting journal entries for selected lines of insurance
- Collecting and submitting insurance underwriting data for selected lines of insurance while learning timeline for insurance renewals
- Attending insurance webinars provided by brokers
- Performing other duties as required or assigned
- BS/BA in Risk Management Insurance, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Risk, Finance or Accounting analyst experience via 1-2 summer internships, with increasing scope and responsibility
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment, and be flexible with day-to-day workload
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.