Quality Engineer - Six Sigma
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Quality Engineer - Six Sigma
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
Job ID: AS20202002-41704
The Lead, Quality Engineer is responsible for overseeing the entire development and integration (software and Hardware) inclusive of contract review, requirement definition, design generation and all testing activities. The success of the Lead Quality Engineer depends on process compliance, product compliance, the overall quality of the product as well as the product’s ability to hit the market on-time and on-budget.
The Lead Quality Engineer defines the processes to be implemented on assigned programs for complete oversight of program activities. These processes are broken down into task(s) to stimulate collaboration with the program team to ensure compliance to all requirements, verification of defect-free quality product that meets customer needs and monitoring of the processes and product for any trends that needs to be addressed. The Lead Quality Engineer is responsible for proactive reporting of all issues/concerns inclusive of known and potential risk(s) to the program team, leadership and external customers as required by contract.
The Lead Quality Engineer’s task include:
- Collaboration with contracts, engineering, operations, supply chain, program leadership, external customer representatives (i.e. FAA QRO) to ensure contractual requirements are met
- Develop and implement audit plans to ensure compliance to internal/external requirements and standards per program requirements (CMMI Level 3, DO-278, ED-109, AS9100, ISO 9001 etc.)
- Educate functions on quality requirements/expectations and drive accountability for compliance
- Program interface for internal/external company audits (leads internal audits)
- Provide input on functional requirements, advise on design and test strategies
- Review code (deliverable and test) to ensure end item meets customer requirements and is fully tested.
- Support generation of test plans and performance of manual and automated tests to proactively discover “bugs” or issues with software.
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure product quality and release readiness
- Drive innovation and streamline processes
- Certify pipelines used in DevOps development and verify changes as rolled out
- Research and analyze product features being tested and provide input for improvements
- Research new tools, technologies and testing processes
- Perform PCA’s and FCA’s (physical configuration audits and functional configuration audits) – Audit of the “as built” system against design documentation and verify the functional characteristics of the configured product meets the requirements specified in the functional baseline documentation approved at the PDR (preliminary design review)
- Support and verify control of source code, configuration management and change management
- Conduct DFMEA’s (design failure mode effect analysis) and PFMEA’s (process failure modes effect analysis) as a form of risk(s) assessment, to ensure standardization, thus reducing the opportunity for defects
- Develop, implement and drive ZDP (zero defect plan) – Through use of the DMAICR (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control & Report). Inclusive of, but not limited to utilization of (PFD’s, Pareto Charts, Trend Analysis, Gage R&R’s, Statistical Analysis, Mistake Proofing etc.)
- Present ZDP (zero defect plan) and data at internal/external reviews
- Facilitate & drive RCCA (root cause corrective action) take “ownership” and collaboratively work with team to determine “true” root cause, thus preventing repeat defects.
- Associate defects with COPQ (cost of poor quality) and quantify cost savings associated with defect reduction
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- Experience & success in the realms of software quality and hardware quality
- Working knowledge of quality assurance principles
- Experience in AS 9100/ISO 9001 Quality systems
- Bachelor’sdegree inQuality Science,Computer Science, or Engineering
- Educational background or experience with programming languages C, C++, C#, JAVA, Python or other object-oriented design concepts
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles
- Understanding of software configuration and change management practices
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing in an Aerospace/Defense environment.
- Ability to generate BOE’s (basis of estimates) and WBS (work breakdown structures)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.