L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Project Engineer
Job ID: AS20202212-54537
Job Location: Melbourne, Australia
L3Harris is seeking an experienced Senior Project Engineer to support a large Telecommunication Network Modernization Program. This is a dual role combining elements of both Project Management and Engineering requirements and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skillset and experience, and significantly contribute to an industry leading program. You will join a great team of talented professionals who take a collaborative approach and enjoy working together. We are a company on the move with more than five decades of innovative and exceptional performance; we have earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers.
The successful candidate will be working with the project management team directly supporting the overall Program Manager including translating L3Harris’s previous experience in managed network services programs through development and initial deployment. This position requires a security background check with duties to include:
- Develop and manage the Integrated Master Schedule to support both the initial development then site deployment activities;
- Serve as the Primary technical lead for managing the major subsystems teammates;
- Assist the PM with supporting the customer’s Program Management Office;
- Work with the Chief Systems Engineer to drive the technical team to meet project schedule milestones and ensure an on time and successful In Service Decision (ISD).
The ideal candidate is also skilled in evaluating the Customer’s needs and objectives, developing high level concepts, communicating with stakeholders, and able to lead teams through proposal cost, schedule and risk evaluations. Some other responsibilities include:
- Assisting with conversion of customer or product requirements into total solution that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints;
- Providing overall technical direction to the operational support team to help strengthen processes and procedures required for reducing issues in the field and providing effective troubleshooting for deployed solutions;
- Providing technical management of multiple engineering subcontractors through regular interactions, development of technical documentation, and coordinating design review activities;
- Contributing to a successful outcome from programmatic reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, ISD);
- Assisting with developing and articulating high level CONOPS and Use Cases from customer information;
- Assisting with the development of top-level scopes of work and managing flow down to lower level SOWs;
- Managing risk and opportunity with internal and external customers. Working with the technical and contracts teams to identify, mitigate and close program risks;
- Travel will be required within Australia to facilitate customer and partner coordination as well as support remote site audits.
- The candidate must be able to undergo and obtain Australian Defense security clearance to NV1.
- Bachelor's degree (or the equivalent) in an applicable, technical, business or management discipline;
- Ten (+) years of direct customer facing experience with Telecommunications deployment programs.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience leading the development of test facilities and implementation of a test program that has led to a successful In-Service Decision for a mission critical system.
- Experience working directly with large Governmental organizations, or telecommunications organizations, to develop, test and deploy a new automation or network service to the field;
- ANSP experience
- Experience with Program Start-up;
- Project Management experience in a complex multiple work package technical environment will be well regarded
- Experience as a technical lead on Telecommunications program
- Systems Engineering experience will be well regarded
- Complex telecommunications, or network, deployment experience will be well regarded