Procurement D Support
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID 9038
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Procurement D-Support
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
Job Code: 9038
Job Schedule: 9/80
Responsible for the unique challenge of performing the physical or administrative task supporting the shipping, receiving, storing, and distribution of materials, parts, supplies and equipment within the Broadband Communications System (BCS) Brevard SATCOM Programs. The successful candidate for this position shall be able to work within parameters, as directed by Material Management, to route and arrange for shipments, stock control, and the distribution of material in inventory and on the manufacturing line. The candidate may also assist Material Management plan, schedule and monitor the efficient movement of material from receiving or warehouse to production, as well as the utilization of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems, as applicable. May interpret laws, rules, and regulations regarding shipping, storage, and distribution to help BCS SATCOM Programs achieve desirable results within the Supply Chain and its impacts on Finance, Operations, Program Management, Production Planning, and Engineering Support. The candidate must have knowledge of material handling procedures and Environmental Health and Safety Requirements.
- Candidate should have strong attention to detail and working experience in warehouses, inventory management and the ability to work in fast-paced deadline driven environments.
- Broad knowledge in forecasting, product identification, interpreting schedules and material requirements with the ability to provide daily/weekly inventory tracking on assigned programs.
- Experience with researching, analyzing, and reporting on processes, systems, or products.
- Work under limited supervision and effectively communicate with outside stakeholders.
- Follows established procedures and processes to complete task. Identify problems and issues in straightforward situations.
Qualifications: (refer to Career Framework)
- High School Diploma or equivalent and minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience or2 year post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Associates Degree in Supply Chain, Project Management or Business preferred.
- Experience in Government and Commercial warehousing and inventory controls.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to develop effective working relationship with Manufacturing, Operations, Program Management, Supply Chain, and external customers.
- Working knowledge of warehouse, manufacturing, storage, or shipping/receiving.
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced continuous change integration environment
- Requires Microsoft Office Suite tools knowledge and utilization experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.