Network Transition & Service Delivery Manager
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Network Transition & Service Delivery Manager
Job ID: AS20202212-54538
Job Location: Melbourne, Australia
L3Harris is seeking an experienced Transition/Service Delivery Manager role to support the delivery of a large Telecommunications Network Modernization Program. This is a key role, responsible for the overall rollout of the core network elements and transition of the customer to the new services. The role reports directly to the overall program manager and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skillset and experience, and significantly contribute to an industry leading program. You will join a great team of talented professionals who take a collaborative approach and enjoy working together. We are a company on the move with more than five decades of innovative and exceptional performance; we have earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers.
The successful candidate will be directly supporting the overall Program Manager with the management of the program, translating L3Harris’s previous experience standing up managed network services through development and initial deployment. This position requires a security background check with duties to include:
- Develop and manage the Integrated Master Schedule to support both the initial development then site deployment activities;
- Serve as the Primary programmatic lead for managing the ENMP major subsystems teammates for Communications, Network Services, and surveillance Equipment;
- Assist the PM with supporting the Program Management Office;
- Work with the Chief Systems Engineer to drive the technical team to meet project schedule milestones and ensure an on time and successful In Service Decision (ISD).
- Take responsibility for ensuring the continued delivery of the Service to the customer, following deployment
The ideal candidate is also skilled in evaluating the Customer’s needs and objectives, developing high level concepts, communicating with stakeholders, and able to lead teams through proposal cost, schedule and risk evaluations. Some other responsibilities include:
- Assisting with conversion of customer or product requirements into total solution that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints;
- Providing overall technical direction to the operational support team to help strengthen processes and procedures required for reducing issues in the field and providing effective troubleshooting for deployed solutions;
- Providing technical management of multiple engineering subcontractors through regular interactions, development of technical documentation, and coordinating design review activities;
- Contributing to a successful outcome from programmatic reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, ISD);
- Assisting with developing and articulating high level CONOPS and Use Cases from customer information;
- Assisting with the development of top-level scopes of work and managing flow down to lower level SOWs;
- Managing risk and opportunity with internal and external customers. Working with the technical and contracts teams to identify, mitigate and close program risks;
- Measuring, reporting and responding to service metric indications to ensure continued service delivery
- Managing change requests from the customer from inception to incorporation into the service delivery model.
- Travel will be required within Australia to facilitate customer and partner coordination as well as support remote site audits. Travel is estimated at 25% of the time in an average month.
- The candidate must be able to undergo and obtain Australian Defense security clearance to NV1.
- Bachelor's degree (or the equivalent) in an applicable technical discipline or 10+ years of technical program management experience;
- Ten (10+) years of direct customer facing experience with programs providing IT and Network Services to specialized Government agencies or equivalent;
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Advanced degree in an applicable, technical, business or management discipline;
- Experience leading the development of test facilities and implementation of a test program that has led to a successful In-Service Decision by an ANSP for a new system or service;
- Experience working directly with Aviation organization or Tier 1 Telco to develop, test and deploy a new automation or network service to the field;
- Experience serving on or presenting to Commercial Aviation International standards committees or forums;
- Experience with Program Start-up;
- Practical experience in large program deployments to geographically diverse locations.
- Practical experience in applying the managed services approach to IT Services to include but not limited to application of Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- Experience with the ITIL framework is essential.
- Experience as the programmatic or technical lead for the development and implementation of Network Operations Center (NOC) systems and procedures in support of a complex network deployment