Network Management Systems (NMS) Engineer
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID AS20211102-56509
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Network Management Systems (NMS) Engineer
Job ID: AS20211102-56509
Location: Melbourne, FL
L3Harris is searching for a senior technical professional to join the Managed Services Enterprise Operational Support Services (OSS) Team as an IP Network Management Systems (NMS) Engineer supporting IP systems engineering activities, collaborating with internal and external teams, and working independently on projects from start to finish. Additional responsibilities include:
- Managing IP network management COTS solutions on Windows and Linux virtual servers running within a VMWare environment.
- Updating, troubleshooting, and enhancing solutions within tools such as Orion, Splunk, Infoblox, etc.
- Designing and implementing new enterprise systems to meet emerging program requirements.
- Automating routine job functions in Python, BASH, or PowerShell as applicable.
- Scheduling and executing maintenance requests with other disciplines and customers for proactive engineering projects and break fix scenarios.
- Working with other engineering groups to maintain, enhance, and resolve issues within the IP NMS systems, servers, and applications.
- Interacting directly with vendors and customers to facilitate and expedite service impact resolution.
- Monitoring, analyzing and troubleshooting daily status of the health of infrastructure and services within an operations center utilizing management and monitoring tools.
- Identifying and collecting relevant and objective operational metrics and creating reports on the health of network services and infrastructure components.
- Support on-call responsibilities and work after-hours and weekends as required.
- Guide corrective solutions and maintain associated documentation (to include required reports to management and customers) as appropriate
- Demonstrate ability to interface with government customers, build and maintain strong, positive relationships, and effectively explain technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Ability to lead people in a multi-discipline team environment and deal effectively with changing project priorities
- Able to proactively find and implement efficiencies, fix broken processes, and advise where issues exist that need senior level attention
- Ability to obtain and maintain clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security or related field, and minimum 4 years related experience; or a 2-year post-Secondary/Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with:
- Network monitoring protocols/methods such as SNMP, NetFlow, and Syslog.
- Implementation/Administration of Network Management Systems (Splunk, IPAM, and Infoblox).
- Networking principles and systems functionality, with the ability to troubleshoot OSI layers 1-7 throughout a COTS environment.
- Linux OS (RHEL/CentOS) and Microsoft Windows OS.
- Development of clear and concise technical procedures.
- Experience adhering to deadlines and complete tasks on-schedule.
- Work well in a diverse team environment and with customers.
- Knowledge of scripting using shell, PHP, bash, and/or similar scripting languages.
- Experience with Agile software development and the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects according to business needs.
- Knowledge of Web Services APIs, Perl/Python scripting, Bash, Ansible.
- Preferred Certifications – Splunk, CA Spectrum, BMC Remedy, Cisco CCNA, CCNP; VMware VCA, VCP; NetApp NCDA, NCIE; RedHat RHCSA; Windows MCSA.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.