Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Mission Support Network Engineer
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID AS20211709-69576
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Mission Support Network Engineer
Location: Melbourne, FL
Req ID: AS20211709-69576
L3Harris is seeking a motivated individual looking for an exciting opportunity to join the team as an IP Network Engineer to support innovative network solutions. The selected candidate will be working on multiple programs and initiatives for L3Harris as the primary contractor. As an IP Network Engineer, supporting the management and implementation of IP network solutions. The selected candidate will collaborate with internal and external teams. Work independently on projects from start to finish, including developing network designs based upon user requirements, creating network diagrams using Visio, configuring network equipment, and full implementation follow-through and documentation of requirements.
- Evaluate technologies and designs in relation to the critical infrastructure and service needs for the FAA.
- Implement solutions that support the FAA’s NextGen visions and objectives.
- Serve as the escalation from Tier 1 and Tier 2 Operations team for escalated problem resolution
- Implement solutions that support customer visions and objectives
- Participate in inter program initiatives and discussions to resolve technical challenges
- Create and maintain documentation and training for knowledge transfer
- Evaluate technologies and designs in relation to the critical infrastructure and service needs for external customers
- Maintain operational excellence of network system and components to exceed customer expectations
- Define and implement best practices for network and capacity management
- Identify areas of opportunity for automation and network optimization
- Routinely perform proof of concepts and service trials while documenting system integration
- Travel as required to meet for requirement meetings and system integration planning
- 8+ years of network engineering experience with IP networks or, a 4-year Bachelor of Science degree with 4+ years relevant experience with IP networks
- Experience implementing the network design, testing and building of enterprise networks
- Experience implementing and managing network technologies such as Carrier Ethernet, MPLS and SDN technologies.
- Experience configuring MPLS, ISIS, QoS, BGP, VPLS, AS prepending, route policies, and in-depth BGP troubleshooting and configuring (Route-leaking, BGP attributes (local preference and community’s))
- Experience with analysis and capacity planning and network architecture for large distributed communications systems
- Experience peering with Tier 1 Internet Service providers, troubleshooting routing within the Internet
- Experience with leading network vendors such as Cisco, F5, Pulse Secure
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Experience developing documentation and providing knowledge transfer to functional teams
- Demonstrated customer focus skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or equivalent of a 4-year accredited degree in a technical discipline.
- CCNP or other advanced certification(s), is preferred.
- Ability to plan, implement, verify and troubleshoot local and wide-area enterprise networks.
- Strong enterprise network troubleshooting (Multicast, Layer 2, Cisco IOS(s), IP routing [BGP, ISIS, OSPF, and EIGRP], HSRP and physical layer issues (Ethernet, Optical, TDM)).
- Strong skill set with Microsoft Office software applications.
- Experience with Cloud Computing design and implementation
- Strength oral and written communication
- Experience with Network Scripting
- Strength in project management leadership
- Experience designing and troubleshooting Enterprise VPN environments
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.