Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Systems Engineering for (Air Navagation Service Providers (ANSP))
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID SAS20232808-105300
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Systems Engineering for (Air Navagation Service Providers (ANSP))
Job Code: SAS20232808-105300
Job Location: Melbourne, FL
L3Harris Technologies is seeking a Systems Engineer leader with a background in large-scale high availability networks who will support Air Navagation Service Providers Programs. The systems engineer leader works with a cross function team to analyze customer requirements, create an architecture and work closely with software deployment, test and operations teams.
The role will engage directly with our customers and our strategic partners in order to identify and implement a large scale network for the FAA.
As a Systems Engineer leader, you will be leading the advanced systems and services that significantly increase the safety, security and capacity of global air traffic management systems to meet the growing demand of air transportation operations.
At L3Harris Technologies we understand the benefits of a flexible work environment. Employees may be able to work a hybrid schedule with the understanding that the employee may be required to attend team meetings and key events in person when deemed appropriate by leadership.
- Leverage Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools and techniques to build and maintain robust models
- Lead tasks related to designing, developing, integrating, and verifying high availability telecommunications network architectures
- Draft well-formed requirements and work with internal and external stakeholders to refine them to ensure compliance
- Work closely with development teams to monitor development and integration and ensure that the developers are delivering to baselined requirements and SOW
- Assist with market research/documentation and making recommendations on technical direction – to keep us ahead on trends
- Make significant improvements to systems and processes by collaborating with end users, developers, and other stakeholders to define enhancements and/or transition strategies to existing solutions
- Lead Systems Engineering processes IAW L3Harris internal processes and CMMI best practices
- Identify and assist in mitigating risk by continuously monitoring process, products, and solutions and developing a plan to avoid as necessary
- Perform system, subsystem, and/or component analysis and selection between alternative solutions. (Trade Studies)
- Develop and deliver presentations that effectively communicate design activity plans
- Conduct and participate in Technical Interchange Meetings, design reviews, and working groups
- Communication within and outside of the organization on all technical concepts with engineers, customers/users, and team members
- Lead medium sized teams of other systems engineers by assigning tasks, providing guidance, and reviewing work products
- Mentor junior level engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related field, and minimum 9 years related experience; or a Master’s degree in Engineering, or related field, and minimum 7 years related experience
- Minimum of 6 years direct experience with Networks and/or Telecommunications TDM, VoIP RTP and SIP, and internet protocols such as TCP, UDP, and ICMP
- Minimum of 4 years of experience across various phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including but not limited to requirement analysis, design, development and testing, implementation, documentation, and evaluation
- Ability to obtain and maintain a FAA public trust clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Direct experience with Model Based Systems Engineering and/or SysML applications and tools such as MagicDraw® and/or IBM Rhapsody®
- General knowledge of ServiceNow digital workflows
- General knowledge of Cloud-Based technologies such as VMWare® / AWS (Amazon® Web Services)
- Expert communication/interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently
- Previous experience in FAA National Airspace System (NAS) telecommunications or air traffic management programs
- INCOSE® Systems Engineering Professional (SEP) certification
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.