Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Systems Engineer (Cloud Architect) - Melbourne FL
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID SAS20232804-100171
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Systems Engineer (Cloud Architect) – FL
Job Code: SAS20232804-100171
Job Location: Melbourne, Florida
This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to next generation Ground Systems projects that support the U.S.A. and our allies. You will join a great team of talented professionals with world class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach to engineering and enjoy working together. We are a company on the move, expanding in the area of space, geospatial and end-to-end communication solutions; with a long history of innovative and exceptional performance, we have earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers.
In this position, you will bring your development engineering background to a space ground/satellite environment where you can make a broad impact to engineering projects that are critical to our customers. This position will be responsible for providing Systems Engineering support for spectral systems and associated subsystems across programs in the Space and Airborne Systems Segment of L3Harris Technologies.
Learn more about the space solutions we provide for government and commercial organizations here: https://www.l3harris.com/capabilities/space
Systems Engineer will provide technical leadership in a broad field of engineering, research, evaluation, and development for highly complex and technical space-based and airborne aerospace products. Solves complex development problems in area of specialization or in implementing special and/or design engineering projects to a wide range of products, projects, or programs. Uses the application of systems engineering standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Cloud Architect with 4+ years of experience designing and implementing cloud-based networking solutions in AWS.
- Develop and maintain cloud networking best practices and standards.
- Configure and manage AWS networking services such as VPCs, Subnets, Route Tables, Security Groups, Network ACLs, NAT Gateways, VPNs, Direct Connect and Transit Gateways.
- Collaborate to ensure integration of network infrastructure with other cloud services such as compute, storage, and database.
- Implement and maintain network monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimization.
- Ensure security and compliance standards are met.
- Participate in planning and infrastructure assessments.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS networking services and features.
- Experience with infrastructure automation and configuration management tools such as CloudFormation, Ansible or Terraform, AWS certifications (AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional,AWS Networking Specialty)
- Ability to manage/coordinate engineering teams, set priorities, provide tasking, collaborate with subcontractors
- Ability to effectively communicate with cross functional leads, Program leadership and customers
- Support requirements definition, decomposition, allocation, management, verification, and validation
- Participate and present information for internal and external technical reviews including peer reviews, requirements reviews, design reviews, qualification reviews and customer System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR), Technical Base Line Reviews (TBR), Proposal Cost Reviews (PCR) and Technical Interchange Meetings (TIM)
- Support subsystem and system level testing including data reviews, anomaly investigations and RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Action) closure
- Support program technical and management leadership
- Support and lead technical discussions with customers
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, software, mechanical, computer science or similar engineering discipline and 9+ years of related engineering on ground/satellite systems OR 7+ years related engineering experience with a Master's degree Or 9+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience integrating into government enterprise systems
- Experience in a Systems Engineering or other engineering role in an aerospace program environment
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary engineering team through various aspects of the system lifecycle
- Active or able to obtain Public Trust Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Hybrid Cloud/On Premise experience desired
- Experience with Atlassian Tools (Jira/Confluence/Jenkins)
- Experience interfacing with and providing technical direction to subcontractors.
- Ability to perform in-depth technical work while being able to communicate effectively with multiple disciplines, program office personnel and customers
- Ability to identify any gaps in technical coverage to appropriate leadership during all phases of program execution; help fill-in any gaps, when possible
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.