Lead, Accounting Policy
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID CHQ20211903-58370
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
This position is a key contributor to the team, providing leadership in areas of technical accounting research and accounting policy maintenance, with a significant focus in the area of revenue recognition. Position would report to a Corporate Technical Accounting Group Senior Manager.
- Support business segments, senior management and Corporate function leaders with technical research, with a focus on revenue recognition questions/issues from segment program teams and Treasury initiatives such as debt offerings, accounts receivable factoring and accelerated share repurchase programs
- Work with accounting and finance teams to ensure well documented positions to support our accounting positions, including for our auditors
- Play a lead role in maintaining current accounting policies Stay abreast of changes in accounting guidance, assess impacts to Corporate Accounting policies, and revise these policies as necessary
- Clearly communicate accounting changes throughout the organization at all levels and functions, as appropriate
- Become a subject matter expert in ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Become proficient in the use of the Contract Review Worksheet (CRW), the Company’s template used to document revenue recognition conclusions for new contracts and contract modifications
- Review selected CRWs prepared by program teams, provide feedback and work with the teams to drive a satisfactory final product
- Develop a rapport with segment program teams and provide mentoring as necessary, with a focus on revenue recognition
- Continue to improve the CRW process by assisting in the development of a repository to 1) house completed CRWs so that division personnel can access and leverage best-of-breed CRWs or CRWs that are relevant to their businesses and 2) house in-process CRWs to facilitate tracking of progress toward completion
- Lead or assist in ad hoc projects as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 9 years of prior related experience or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience
- CPA with active license
- 3 or more years of public accounting experience
- 2 or more years of private industry experience
- Ability to perform research of accounting guidance
- Aerospace & Defense industry a plus
- Strong writing skills to draft thorough accounting positions, supported by accounting guidance
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated ability to think end-to-end and manage multiple priorities/projects simultaneously
- Master’s degree in Accounting
- Experience in contract accounting, preferably including U.S. Government contracts
- Big Four experience with audits of clients that are SEC registrants and/or U.S. Government contractors
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.