IT Software Asset Analyst (New Grad- Melbourne, FL)
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID CHQ20213103-58974
What makes a successful Intern at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
I completed two summer internships at L3Harris before transitioning to a full-time role. I was able to learn firsthand about the engineering process, the quality of products produced, the helpfulness of my co-workers, how the company operates and the potential to expand my career.Jason, Electrical Engineer, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
L3Harris is looking for an IT Software Asset Analyst to implement and execute processes related to the lifecycle management of software and hardware assets within the organization. As part of the IT Asset Management team you will be responsible for the day to day activities associated with processing software and hardware request and maintenance renewals while developing effective working relationships with vendors, business areas, and other IT groups.
- Proactively review vendor contracts and identify rules, obligations, and product metrics to ensure compliance with all software license agreements and software usage. Translate technical data elements to capture license compliance
- Ensure software serial numbers and/or other license identifiers are entered into the software asset management database and ensure the information is up-to-date, accurate, and auditable
- Review requests and assign available licenses or procure licenses as needed.
- Determine hardware and software maintenance renewal requirements, coordinating with responsible budget owners on operational requirements
- Verify software deployment data by combination of discussions with business owners and software discovery tools, identifying under-deployments for potential savings and over-deployments, which require the acquisition of additional licenses
- Obtain and maintain copies of software licenses, warranties, maintenance agreements, and vendor contracts
- Manage the scope and quality of software data attributes tracked in the software asset management database.
- Coordinate and document true-up and/or periodic internal license reviews for key vendors
- Maintain knowledge repository by documenting software installation procedures.
- Work with vendors, business groups, IT and Supply Chain to analyze and resolve complex issues associated with software licensing rights providing reports as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree within Information Technology discipline preferred
- 6 months of prior experience supporting an IT environment including internships, co-ops, and previous employment
- Excellent communication, problem solving and customer service skills
- Process Improvement mindset and a drive to proactively identify areas where we can do better
- Perform with integrity and reliability; takes responsibility and follows through on commitments
- One-year experience in an enterprise IT environment performing technical work
- Exposure to Procurement in a large corporate environment
- Knowledge of the information systems environment, including both hardware and software
- Ability to install software and produce installation documentation
- Experience in IT asset management and inventory tracking tools: Snow License Manager, Flexnet and ServiceNow, preferred
- Desktop experience working with a large Engineering customer base preferred
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.