IT Project Manager
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: SENIOR
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Project Manager at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
L3Harris in Clifton, NJ has the most talented and dedicated Engineering team I have ever had the privilege of working with. The senior leadership is bought into our success and they are very open to all employee feedback. I enjoy working at L3Harris because I feel empowered and encouraged to make a difference.Program Manager, IDECM
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Location: Melbourne, FL or Rockwall, TXJob ID: CHQ20201905-45708
As the Information Technology Project Manager, you would be responsible for leveraging leadership and project management skills to lead medium to large scale projects consisting of IT and functional business area resources. the Information Technology Project Manager will also be expected to understand the basic process and methods used with an IT organization to support the Project Management methodology lifecycle.
In this role, you will plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. You will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Resource management for Active Directory migration projects. Includes tracking, reporting, and rescheduling AD objects that could not or did not migrate on schedule. Involves working directly with a diverse population of IT personnel, Application owners, and Business Relationship Managers (BRMs).
- Develop best practices, tools, and templates for project execution and management.
- Help facilitate Portfolio Management process working with management and business to determine project priority, resourcing, and planning.
- Direct and manage project development from initiating to closing through management of scope, time, cost, quality, resources, communications, risks, changes, and issues.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver status reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Initiate and oversee all aspects of vendor management including the development of the Statement of Work and all aspects of communications and delivery.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and encourage project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Bring project to successful completion.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of MIS, CIS, or equivalent and a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Eight (8) plus years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of project management and execution.
- Familiarity with PMI’s Project Management Methodology, ASAP Methodology, Software Development Lifecycle, Agile Methodology.
- Certifications in Project Management desired (PMP).
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio.
- Experience with cloud services (e.g., Microsoft Azure) and MS Office suite.
- Experience managing Active Directory forest and domain migrations. Migrations include user, group, and computer objects.
- Experience creating and managing burndown charts to reflect Active Directory object migration status.
- PM experience in testing processes to include use-case creation and tracking results.
- Strong written, oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented/collaborative environment.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.