Human Resources Associate (New Grad - Melbourne, FL)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
About this role
- L3Harris Technologies is seeking top candidates for HR Business Partner and HR Specialist roles who are graduating in May 2021with a B.S. and / or M.S. in Industrial and Labor Relations.
- Selected candidates would be considered for HR Business Partner or Specialist roles providing HR support in the areas of compensation administration, employee engagement, employee relations, learning & development, analytics & reporting, performance management, and staffing.
Successful candidates will
- Have a strong understanding and knowledge of business analytics to enable and influence leaders to make sound talent decisions and promote employee engagement and positive / productive employee relations.
- Partner with client groups to build and execute talent plans in achievement of overall business strategy, objectives and goals.
- Identify and diagnose issues proactively and develop, recommend, and implement root cause solutions that enhance employee engagement / experience and business results in a timely manner.
- Participate in and / or lead projects and special initiatives within and outside the HR function as assigned.
- Promote high professional standards, positive interpersonal relationships, and demonstrates L3Harris core values.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Industrial & Labor Relations or equivalent area; HR experience via 1 or more summer internships in generalist / HR business partner, compensation, diversity, performance management, and / or HR analytics functions.
- GPA of 3.0 or greater.
Preferred additional skills
- Some experience / familiarity with employee relations and organizational / management development.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, influencing, coaching, and consulting skills.
- Ability to link situations to the bigger picture; ability to identify root cause and underlying issues.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Excel and PowerPoint to analyze data and make / present recommendations.
- Ability to work as a solid contributing member of a team as well as operate independently.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.