Enterprise Data Center Engineering Systems Administrator
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID AS20211903-58349
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
JOB TITLE: Enterprise Data Center Engineering Systems Administrator
LOCATION: Melbourne, Florida
L3Harris is searching for a senior technical professional to join the Enterprise Data Center Engineering (EDCE) team as a System Administrator (Sys Admin). Responsibilities for this position include support to adjacent engineering teams by provisioning/managing virtual environments (VMware) and installing and configuring Linux based Cent / Red Hat Operating Systems. The Sys Admin will also monitor and maintain the system hardware performance. The position ensures that system hardware, software, and related procedures adhere to the system’s design and architecture. This individual will develop the procedures for system configuration to support production builds. This individual will also assist program teams with technical analysis, and support the testing and roll-out of new patches. Participation on programs focus on smoothing the transition from system development to operational readiness within the program’s life-cycle. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs software installations and upgrades to Red Hat and Windows operating systems and layered software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements.
- Troubleshoots hardware, software, and wide area network related problems associated with the assigned Enterprise system(s).
- Coordinates with server and operating system vendors to resolve issues, arrange service, and obtain support.
- Installs and provides support for internal development software and applications
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum level of performance. Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers for compliance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines. Knowledgeable of networking associated with a LAN based server and workstations.
- Develops schedules for the installation and monitoring of local network and stand-alone information resources.
- Manages and directs proactive and reactive systems administration activities to ensure the availability, integrity, and reliability of networked and stand-alone systems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security or related field, and minimum 6 years related experience; or a Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security or related field, and minimum 4 years related experience.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in the network systems administration field performing the specification, selection, evaluation, testing, deployment and operation of Linux, CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Windows operating systems.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Package deployment and automation platforms such as Spacewalk, Red Hat Satellite, and Ansible
- Experience configuring and maintaining CentOS-based systems, including the performance of enterprise level upgrades from version 6 to 7+.
- Experience configuring and maintaining Linux operating systems.
- Experience configuring, deploying and managing cloud-based systems and architectures
- Experience performing RPM builds for software packages.
- Experience performing complex infrastructure design, including planning of interactions of multiple applications (HA, DB, Large Networks).
- Experience performing scripting for automation of tools.
- Experience working in a datacenter lab environment managing power requirements, performing buildouts and system hardening
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with the following applications:
- RHEL - SMB, NFS, SELinux
- VMWare ESX
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.