Desktop Solutions Specialist
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID CHQ20211304-59667
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Identifies, develops, documents, and deploys solutions for persistent Desktop Support issues. Provides Desktop Subject Matter Expert (SME) support for IT projects and initiatives. Drives process improvements and organizational excellence. Effectively communicates Desktop support metrics and initiatives with IT management and divisional leadership. Represents Desktop team in IT projects. Leads or supports Tiger Teams to provide focused, quick reaction problem resolution. Drives integration and operational excellence. Provides management & reporting of Go-to-Green Plans. Leads adoption of new technology. Troubleshoots issues with Microsoft Office Suite and other major business applications. Provides technical support in person or via remote management tools to troubleshoot software and hardware alerts and failures.
- Develop, deploy, and document solutions to persistent Desktop Support and related IT issues
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, OS, and installed applications
- Identify and execute IT process improvements
- Drive project execution through interaction with peers across IT disciplines
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field with 4 years prior experience, 2 year post-secondary/AA Degree and 8 years prior experience, Graduate Degree with 2 years prior experience
- PC hardware configuration, maintenance, and repair experience: 4 years
- Windows OS experience: 4 years
- Microsoft Office / O365 product support experience: 2-3 years
- Interpersonal skills necessary to assist and train others in computer systems
- Strong aptitude in OS repairs, hardware, upgrades and troubleshooting
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to come in early, stay late, or work on the weekend as necessary to support critical users and projects
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with little oversight or assistance
- A+/Microsoft Certifications preferred
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $MIN - $MAX. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.