Desktop Remote Support Technician
Melbourne, FloridaJob ID CHQ20210604-59268
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The IT Customer Services Assoc will be responsible for providing overall technical assistance and support related to computer systems, and software, to end-users via phone, and remote access. Under limited supervision, the associate will respond to queries, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions. The candidate will work with other team members to meet deadlines and provide status.
- Evaluate and prioritize incoming ticket requests for assistance, update tickets with accurate and timely status
- Install, modify, and troubleshoot computer system to include Windows OS, Enterprise and Divisional software
- Create/update documentation of Standard Operation Procedures for the IT Department and in support of end users
- Work with other team members and status management to meet departmental performance goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years prior experience, 2 year post-secondary/AA Degree and 8 years prior experience, Graduate Degree with 2 years prior experience
- Advanced Windows 10 knowledge and experience to include administration and troubleshooting
- Experience installing and configuring PCs and printers
- Proficient with MS Office 2016-O365
- Working knowledge and experience with LAN and WAN technologies is a plus (TCP/IP addressing, routing, VLAN, switching, DHCP, DNS)
- Interpersonal skills necessary to assist and train others in computer systems
- Strong aptitude in OS repairs, hardware, upgrades and troubleshooting
- Ability and judgment to escalate support requests if necessary, as part of the Information Technology team
- The flexibility to stay late, come in early, or work on the weekend as needed to support users and projects
- Ability to manage time effectively and have strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with little assistance
- A+/Microsoft Certifications preferred but not required
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $49,000 - $91,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.