L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Contracts/Commercial Manager
Job Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contract/Commercial Manager needed for the Mission Networks Sector to support a multi-year contract who will be responsible for all commercial activities (all contract arrangements and commercial governance/approvals) in accordance with company policies, acquisition regulations and customer requirements.
- Act as an advisory for proposal and contract execution, including detailed risk analysis and offering sound business advice and guidance at each pursuit phase for all critical pursuits.
- Cradle to grave contract administration, including start-up preparations, negotiating contracts/contract change proposals and assisting the program with change management.
- Process contract information, deliverables and maintain performance metrics.
- Contracts Management support to internal program teams, requiring highly complex problem solving, sound judgement, and developing creative solutions.
- Develop strong customer relationships within the program teams, interacting frequently with senior leadership, and working as a team leader to resolve issues.
- Analyze, prepare and negotiate contractual agreements including Teaming, Non-Disclosure, Memorandum of Understandings/Memorandum of Agreements and other binding agreements as the business opportunity presents.
- Contribute to achieve department and segment goals and operating plans by promoting sound business principles.
- Ensure compliance as a Subject Matter Expert with government regulations, corporate policies and best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 9 years’ experience in proposals, developing contract terms and conditions and identifying associated commercial risk as they relate to a work scope and other technical documentation for Australian programs OR Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (Contract Management, Commerce, Law, etc.) from a recognized institution, and/or equivalent relevant commercial experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills necessary for working in a team environment.
- Self-starter with good organizational and computer skills.
- Advanced skills and experience in the use of MS Office and other relevant software packages / applications.
- Significant knowledge and experience with Intellectual Property and Australian Industry Involvement
- Demonstrated experience working within a large organization in a commercial role with success
- Advanced negotiation and issue resolution skills
- Expert knowledge of contractual/commercial policies, tools and processes