Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Commercial/Contracts Administrator
Job Location: Melbourne, Australia
Job ID: SAS20231809-106159
Your next role
L3Harris is seeking a Commercial/Contracts Administrator to join our Melbourne office for the assistance in management of contracts for the Enterprise Network Modernisation Program (ENMP). In this role, the successful candidate will contribute to the end-to-end assistance of managing a major contract associated as part of Commercial and Contracts Team. The role is exciting and requires a confident professional who is able to contribute in commercial negotiations while effectively maintaining important relationships, along with the ability to resolve problems, use sound judgement, and develop solutions. This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skillset, and contribute to an industry leading Air Traffic Modernisation initiative.
The company has more than five decades of innovative and exceptional performance and have earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers. This is a unique opportunity for the right person to hit the ground running with a new project and to make a mark. This is a chance to assist in development of effective processes to handle a busy and fast-paced body of work with lots of changes.
The role requires communication skills, a positive approach, and someone who is keen to work hard alongside peers to make their mark in a high volume, exciting commercial environment.
What the role will involve:
- Aids Commercial and Contract Team in proposal and contract execution and pursuits.
- Assist in the management of a complex head contract, which includes supporting relationship management, cradle-to-grave contract management, and maintenance of schedules and coordinating responses.
- Administrative management of high volumes of change. This requires an ability to follow the contractual change process and other change mechanisms developed to ensure timely responses, working closely with teammates to ensure we meet deadlines, consolidating information into concise contractual documentation, and assisting in the flow-downs between the head contract and the subcontracts.
- Working collaboratively with the broader Commercial and Contracts Team to ensure contractual compliance and governance requirements are adhered to.
- Contribute to the wider program team in achieving outcomes and ensuring all commitments are met.
- Assistance with management of all contractual processes and reporting, both internal and external while maintaining pertinent records.
- Degree qualified with prior related experience or qualified by relevant work experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (Contract Management, Finance, Commerce, Law, etc.) from a recognized institution, and/or equivalent relevant commercial experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills necessary for working in a collaborative and positive team environment.
- Experience with commercial contracting/subcontracting, preferable ability to manage services-based contracts/subcontracts.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in the use of MS Office.
- Ability dealing with high volumes of change management.
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In this instance, the candidate must be able to undergo and obtain Australian Defence security clearance to NV1. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.