Brand and Digital Communications Director
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris Technologies is a leading global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries. L3Harris.com.
The Brand & Digital Communications Director is based in our Corporate HQ in Melbourne, FL, and leads brand strategy, digital platforms including social and web, and marketing communications. The Director partners with the functional and segment marketing teams to deliver impactful and effective brand and digital communications strategies.
The nature of our work, with a significant proportion of classified material, requires an innovative approach to marketing and a good grasp of the science behind our solutions. The role reports to the VP Global Communications.
Brand custodian and responsible for innovative communications initiatives with a focus on brand strategy, social media, L3Harris.com and creative solutions.
- Serve as strategic business partner with the global business development team, segment marketing teams, human resources and government relations team
- Identify and develop strategies to drive reputation and engagement across all social media platforms that the company participates in
- Ensure appropriate monitoring, social listening and measurement of impact is actively managed
- Lead the on-going development and management of L3Harris.com including managing content, site upgrades and measurement of impact
- Partner with human resources to develop a consistent approach to the development of talent acquisition marketing and advertising materials
- Develop creative approaches to promote the full L3Harris portfolio, and amplification of creative content across L3Harris platforms. Ensure approach aligns with brand identity and standards. Identify and develop creative briefs for new collateral requirements
- In collaboration with segments, establish governance standards and best practices across the company. Chair cross segment working group to ensure collaboration and communication
- Develop, collect and analyze marketing metrics
- In collaboration with business development, determine appropriate strategic methods for engaging key customers/stakeholders using the full suite of marketing tools
- Perform benchmarking against competitors and remain current on new trends
- Carry out additional activities as assigned by management. Items may include the development of communications materials, development of innovative customer experiences, or other items not yet specified
- Manage a small team of marketing and creative specialists
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English or related Field.
- 10+ years of experience in communications, public relations / agency experience, or comparable communications experience
- 5+ years of supervisory and/or major project leadership experience
- Experience in planning and implementing complex internal communications plans and projects for complex organization, with track record of increasing responsibility
- Experience in digital communications including social media, website management, content strategy and brand activation is important
- Experience with defense, space, aerospace, or high-tech cultures is preferred
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional / cross-divisional teams and external resources to implement marketing plans
- Demonstrated leadership experience in chairing multi-stakeholder teams and driving consensus with detailed plan of action
- Ability to develop cooperative relationships with all levels of management & staff
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, and ability to share vision, positioning and messaging information with various stakeholders. Experience with creating and briefing executive-level presentations also desired
- Highly motivated self-starter; must exhibit a strong sense of urgency and be able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, under pressure and with rigid deadlines
- Highly organized with a proven ability to successfully plan, coordinate and track projects from start up to close out
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and make good judgment decisions in a highly charged, multi-task environment
- Proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and providing innovative and timely solutions
- An effective team member with a positive approach who can think outside the box and problem solve in real time
- Ability to professionally engage with all levels within and outside of the organization
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint and Excel)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.