Technical Director- Systems Engineer
Massachusetts; New Hampshire; Nashua, New HampshireJob ID SAS20213003-58827
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Technical Director- Systems Engineering
Location: Nashua, NH
The Senior Scientist, Systems Engineering will provide long-term strategic planning, technical support and oversight related to developmental programs. Program support includes all life cycle phases, including emerging technologies, customer needs, product development and manufacturing. The Senior Scientist, Systems Engineering will have the following primary areas of responsibility:
- Working with Program Management, Business Development and Engineering Leadership, develop and maintain strategy, technology and program roadmaps demonstrating the links to future customer and production programs. Along with Technologists, Advanced Program activities, Engineering Project Managers and Business Development, provide guidance for internal research and development (IRAD) investments to support company goals and objectives.
- Support capture of new programs including technical proposal writing, developing key customer relationships and requirements shaping.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the key technologies in Ground Electronic Warfare products and awareness of industry trends and innovations in areas of Electronic Warfare, Electronic Attack or SIGINT.
- For development programs, maintain a thorough understanding of the key project objectives, provide support as required to program Technical Leads to ensure a successful transition to production.
- Own the process of converting conceptual material into estimable work scope by all internal functions, ultimately yielding SOW level documentation and qualified work scope estimates for conversion into firm proposals. Develop and drive the necessary support materials to work through the necessary gate verification reviews.
- Support all proposal activities as necessary, working with Finance, Contracts and PMO to ultimately secure award(s).
- Work collaboratively with business development, site leadership and other senior technical representatives to expand and extend our strategic plan and current business base into additional offerings and into additional customer sets.
- May support production programs to assist in resolving difficult technical hurdles.
- The Scientist, Systems Engineering is able to effectively manage his/her time between longer term technology and development activities and new business initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required. Advanced technical degree highly desired.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in a technical leadership role.
- Experience with modern signal detection, tracking, exploitation and countermeasures, with either communications, navigation or radar signals.
- Proven ability to understand and positively affect complex technical problems.
- Exemplary communication skills both verbal and written. Candidate must have the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully navigate a matrix organization.
- Exceptional leadership and decision-making skills.
- Excellent computer skills with a strong proficiency in Windows interface, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Microsoft Project.
- Active Secret clearance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.