Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Specialist, Quality Engineering - Supplier Quality Engineer
Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20222010-92213
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Sr Specialist, Quality Engineering
(Supplier Quality Engineer)
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications.
Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly-reliable mission-critical systems. We offer an alternative 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals. Focused on fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where employees can grow and develop professionally, employees can get engaged with several Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), participate in monthly activities hosted by our Employee Engagement Committee or get involved with volunteer opportunities through our L3Harris Investing for Tomorrow community program.
Mason, OH is located in Warren County, “Ohio’s Largest Playground.” Major attractions are right around the corner, including Great Wolf Lodge and Kings Island Amusement Park. Our site is 20 minutes from downtown Cincinnati, where there are multiple attractions including The Newport Aquarium and The Cincinnati Zoo. Cincinnati is also the home AFC Champions the Cincinnati Bengals, the Cincinnati Reds, the Cincinnati Cyclones and FC Cincinnati of Major League Soccer.
The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for managing the Quality of procured goods, including components and finished goods. This position is in Mason, Ohio, and will include management of suppliers throughout the U.S. Primary duties are focused on developing, maintaining, monitoring, and issue resolution for Product Quality, supporting Design Transfer to Production for current and future products, and monitoring and insuring compliance to L3Harris Quality Systems for strategic suppliers manufacturing L3Harris finished goods.
This position requires a solid understanding of vendor development and with vendor production processes and systems along with special manufacturing practices over a wide range of commodities, including electro-optical, mechanical and electronic. The candidate must possess the ability to support, maintain and improve the supplier base in compliance with customer requirements and AS9100D.
The successful candidate must be self-directed, motivated, and driven. The candidate must be able to function independently in front of a wide range of supplier, customer, and internal representatives. The candidate must also take the lead in the resolution of product, process, system issues and nonconformance. The candidate will be responsible for managing issues to closure, often in concert with supplier and customer representatives. The candidate must have a clear understanding of problem-solving techniques, along with effective CAPA skills to ensure that the developing supplier base is providing product that meets or exceeds all expectations.
- Work with customer and the program team in planning for supplier engagement, development, quality acceptance, and product buy-off.
- Collect and evaluate supplier quality, NC, and yield data to identify trends for process improvement opportunities.
- Conduct Supplier Quality Audits of new and existing suppliers as required to determine adherence to acceptable quality requirements, standards, and regulations.
- Utilizing Green Belt and Lean techniques, work with suppliers to effect CAPA/RCCA toward product, process and production issues.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities.
- Partner with Receiving Inspection to ensure smooth flow of conforming hardware into the plant.
- Perform timely disposition of NC material, issue and manage Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR) to closure
- Regularly communicate with Program Management, Contracts, Engineering, Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) and Supply Chain internally to identify opportunities for efficiency, planning, quality and productivity improvement.
- Develop quality and acceptance plans with suppliers to ensure quality products.
- Utilizing developed documentation, perform in-process and final acceptance of supplier products.
- Collect and maintain supplier performance metrics.
- Coordinate with program team to ensure awareness to known purchased part or product quality issues.
- In concert with Configuration Management, participate in the change notice process to assure awareness and effective implementation to design changes.
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree (Engineering preferred).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Quality Engineering.
- The candidate should be open to travel associated with this position. Travel will be typically 10% but may be as much as up to 25% on occasion.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings of complex nature is required.
- Familiarity with complex mechanical inspection and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing is a plus.
- Familiarity with problem-solving tools such as 8D, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, and CAPA is desired.
- Must possess effective communications skills, both oral and written for all levels of the organization.
- Candidates with Aerospace or Defense Manufacturing experience is desired.
- A working familiarity of AS9100, ISO9001, J-STD Workmanship, ANSI J-Standards (Class 3) and IPC Workmanship Standards (Class 3) is desired.
- Must have vendor and customer interface experience.
- Experience and background in electro-optics, machining, circuit card assembly and special processes (welding, brazing, plating etc.) is desired.
- Lean Manufacturing and Green Belt certification is a plus.
- Must work well with others in a team and commodity buying structure and have experience in leading cross-functional teams in accomplishing goals.
- Must be able to lead suppliers toward meeting or exceeding program goals.
- Ability to multi-task in an environment of competing priorities.
- Must conduct themselves in a professional, constructive, and cooperative manner with all levels of supplier, customer and internal representatives.
- Must have computer skills including proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Must have ability to work independently and be self-directed to complete tasks.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of AS9100 and/or ISO 9001
- Knowledge of CMMI, AS9146, ANSI/ESD S20.20 and/or ISO 17025 is a plus
- Knowledge of Counterfeit Parts processes and standards including SAE AS5553
- Knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Zero Defect Planning (ZDP)
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Supplier Quality Professional is a plus, including five or more years of experience with AS9100 and/or ISO based systems.
- Previous experience in TipQA is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Works well with management and peers, can work well with other functions and be comfortable briefing site leadership
- Must be able to identify, interpret and apply problem solving tools such as root cause analysis, DMAIC, VSM, PDCA and CAPA.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.