Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Specialist: Parts, Materials, and Processes (PM&P) Engineer
Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20222104-81072
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Specialist: Parts, Materials, and Processes (PM&P) Engineer
Job Code: IMS20222104-81072
Job Location: Mason, Ohio
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications. Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly-reliable mission-critical systems. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
We are seeking a dynamic Sr Specialist, PM&P engineer to join our Specialty Engineering team in Mason, Ohio. The successful candidate will lead programs as the assigned PM&P to ensure management plans are implemented to meet program schedule demands and that parts meet related performance and quality against contractual requirements established by customer specifications. While this position will have no direct reports, the Sr Specialist PM&P Engineer may oversee activities of technicians and other engineers for specific tasks.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Program team member to address and resolve critical issues.
- Creation and implementation of Parts Management Plans (PMP).
- Review bill of materials against program requirements to assess risk.
- Selects alternate sources of supply.
- Approves all changes, additions, deletions.
- Generates specifications for all new custom component parts
- Component End of Life (EOL), Availability, Lead-time, and obsolescence
- Cost Analysis for components used and selected for new programs.
- Assists design engineers in the selection of parts that best fit their requirements.
- Participates in design reviews for the purpose of component selection and standardization.
- Creation and review of internal and subcontractor non-standard part approval requests (NSPAR).
- Prepares handling and process instructions for Incoming, In-process, Final Inspections and reviews data from vendors.
- Conduct detailed part investigations and data development efforts to prepare all data necessary for Parts Materials and Process Control Board (PMPCB) review including generation/review of applicable screening and qualification test plans.
- Participate in/manage PMPCB.
- Review and disposition of Destructive Physical Analysis (DPA), Construction Analysis (CA), and Failure Analyses (FA) reports.
- Interfaces directly with vendors and customers to handle piece part related issues.
- Coordinates failure analysis and corrective activities on component parts.
- Responsible for generating and submitting PMP reports in accordance with customer requirements. Includes leading the following work package but may be performed by other members of the group:
- Reliability prediction (e.g.. MTBF) of the board level and requesting the reliability information of component from manufacturers if required.
- As-Designed/As-Built PMP Lists
- FMEA/CIL (Failure Mode Effects Analysis Critical Item List to provide a summary of design failure modes.
- Radiation Effects Analysis
- Failure Analysis Reports
- Mentor and coach others internal to organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field with 7 years of experience; or a Master's degree with 5 years of experience
- Experience of related experience in one of the following or related fields: Parts Control/Management, System Safety, Component Engineering, Radiation Effects
- Experience in high reliability (Grade 2 and Grade 1) Space flight environments.
- Knowledge of and experience with industry/Government Standards (MIL-STD-750, MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-202, EEE-INST-002, MIL-PRF-38534, MIL-STD-1580, etc).
- A Background in Destructive Physical Analysis or Failure Analysis is required.
- Knowledge of radiation effects (TID, SEE, ELDRS)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary as the position requires program, customer, and suppler interface.
- The candidate must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and act independently as well as possess the ability to work in a team-oriented, matrix environment.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other leadership functions across the organization including Operations, Quality, Program Management, and Business Development
- Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance, requiring US Citizenship.
Preferred Additonal Skills:
- Six Sigma Certification
- Experience in preparing customer and/or management level briefings.
- Experience with program and project tasks, including managing cost and schedule as well as associated reporting.
- Experience in development of technical and cost proposals.
- Proven multi-disciplinary leadership and technical skills to engage peers, superiors, and subordinates across the various departments.
- Failure Analysis (FA) and past experience troubleshooting.
- System engineering background with experience in System and Software Safety.
- Experience with Windchill (formerly Relex) reliability software.
- Knowledge of automotive component qualification.
- Experience with upscreening of commercial level components for space flight environments.
- Able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to hear and speak.
- May be required to lift up to 10 pounds, with assistance.
- Typical office environment.
- Able to work additional hours as needed to ensure responsibilities are met.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.