Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. RF Systems Engineer
Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20222303-79188
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior RF System Engineer
Job Code: IMS20222303-79188
Job Location: Mason, OH
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications. Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly reliable mission-critical systems. We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
We are currently seeking a Senior Specialist, RF System Engineer with experience in RF communication, requirement development, RF modeling, material measurement, and RF testing and integration to join our Systems Engineering Group. You will have the opportunity to work various programs solving our customer’s most difficult technical challenges on cutting edge and world-class Space Avionics systems. Sample products include Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Space Launch System vehicles, Moon Missions, and Imaging Satellite Communications equipment.
As an RF Systems Engineer, you will perform technical planning, system integration, validation and verification, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total RF communication systems. Analyses are performed at all levels to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total RF systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Recent experience with modulators, amplifiers, oscillators, filters, high frequency packaging and RF test equipment is required.
When you join L3Harris Space & Sensors, you will be an integral part of an innovative and fast-moving team where you will lead the collaboration with engineers and scientists to build and deliver mission-critical Space products. The successful candidate will bring their passion for engineering execution excellence and delivering business level results, and have:
- Comfort holding people accountable above, below, and around him/her.
- Ability to ask the right questions to help prioritize outside his/her own areas of expertise.
- A desire to pursue excellence through small increments of improvement.
- Work within the System Engineering Group as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in RF Communications.
- Serve in a leading role in the technical planning, system integration, validation and verification activities in support of programs and development efforts for the RF portfolio.
- Ensure the logical and systemic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints for the RF portfolio.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements, and allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Perform Cost, Risk, and Supportability and Effectiveness analyses for total RF communication systems (concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance & disposal).
- Work in a highly dynamic integration lab.
- Develop subsystem testing procedures during the development phases of RF program.
- Support and/or lead technical proposals, including decomposition of customer requirements into a system architecture/design, technical writing, technical risk management, cost estimating, etc. Lead technology development and support business development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer or related Engineering discipline with a minimum of six (6) years of experience as a Systems Engineer or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 4 years prior related experience. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance, which requires US citizenship.
- Solid proficiencies in microwave circuit and system design and analysis tools, hands-on results are necessary
- Prior experience with design, analysis, and test of RF circuits
- Recent experience with modulators, amplifiers, oscillators, filters, high frequency packaging and RF test equipment
- A background in systems engineering and high-reliability environments is required
- Excellent verbal communication, writing and organizational skills
- Complex Problem Solving — Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate solution.
- Systems Analysis — Determine how an RF system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes particularly in terms of spectral performance and data error rate performance.
- Systems Evaluation — Identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance relative to the goals of the system.
- System modeling and simulation capabilities utilizing MatLab/ Simulink and ModelSim/Questa tools are preferred
- Experience with microwave designs for high-bandwidth upconverters, mixers, drivers, and power amplifiers at S-, X-, and/or Ku-band ranges.
- Experience with creating technical documentation to support proposals, and experience with creating and conducting customer presentations
- Experience with frequency planning, link budgets, design for phase-based modulation formats, and design for wide-bandwidth/high data rate applications.
- Knowledge of military and/or NASA component specifications, design processes, and hardware test/verification procedures.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Aerospace / Defense industry experience is preferred.
- Experience in Space Communications is a plus.
- Experience in Space Avionics is a plus.
- Experience developing test procedures is a plus.
- Familiarity with EMI, shock, vibration, and/or thermal testing is a plus.
- Understanding of acceptance and qualification testing of military or space qualified electronics.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.