Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. Manager, Program Management (Spacecraft Programs)
Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20232607-103940
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Sr. Manager, Program Management
About Space & Sensors:
L3Harris Space & Sensors Division, headquartered in Mason, Ohio, designs, develops, and manufactures complex systems (electronic, avionics, transceivers, transmitters, electro-optical, and electro-mechanical) for the defense, aerospace, and commercial markets. L3Harris is a recognized leader in Electro-Optical technologies that enable systems to support surveillance, reconnaissance, threat detection, and self-protection missions. Our world-class Space Avionics systems include equipment for Mars Rover/Landers/Orbiters, Launch Vehicles, and Imaging Satellite Communications.
Space & Sensors team members bring their passion for innovation and engineering, their desire to push the envelope to adapt, communicate, and deliver on highly reliable mission-critical systems. We offer an alternative 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals. Focused on fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where employees can grow and develop professionally, employees can get engaged with several Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), participate in monthly activities hosted by our Employee Engagement Committee, or get involved with volunteer opportunities through our L3Harris Investing for Tomorrow community program.
Mason, OH is located in Warren County, “Ohio’s Largest Playground.” Major attractions are right around the corner, including Great Wolf Lodge and Kings Island Amusement Park. Our site is 20 minutes from downtown Cincinnati, where there are multiple attractions including The Newport Aquarium and The Cincinnati Zoo. Cincinnati is also the home AFC Champions the Cincinnati Bengals, the Cincinnati Reds, the Cincinnati Cyclones and FC Cincinnati of Major League Soccer
L3Harris Space & Sensors is seeking a talented Sr Manager to join its PM team. This team delivers advanced, technology-based solutions that solve government and commercial customers’ mission-critical challenges, both domestic and abroad. This role is located in Mason, Ohio. This position is responsible for all Spacecraft programs at L3Harris Space & Sensors.
- Responsible for managing the cost, schedule, technical, and contractual performance requirements of a complex technical program portfolio through the life-cycle phases of development, implementation, and operations. This includes utilizing Earned Value Management, maintaining an integrated master schedule, managing development and test to a technical baseline, and maintains an active and proactive risk management program. Responsible for budget management and financial execution of the program portfolio.
- Responsible for managing a collaborative work environment with the customer to achieve business objectives.
- Works with the customer and internal program leadership to determine needs, requirements, and new business opportunities, and then directs the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications to meet those needs.
- Work with functional leadership to ensure that all resources such as engineering, manpower, production, and facilities are available to support the program.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing, and administrative areas.
- Solves highly complex problems with significant business impact.
- Interacts internally with management and externally with customers on significant business matters.
- BS/BA degree and 12 years of equivalent work experience in both engineering and program management. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 16 years of prior related experience.
- 8+ years of program management experience including all phases of program execution (pursuit and offer leadership, contractual negotiations, start-up, execution, and close-out)
- 5+ years of program management experience in the Spacecraft/Satellite industry, managing development and production of electronic products over the full lifecycle
- 8+ years - Demonstrated capability to lead teams in successfully achieving defined Customer and Company program objectives within cost, schedule, and contractual constraints.
- 8+ years - Experienced in organizing and leading Engineering, contractual, financial, Operations, and other cross functional areas to provide total Program life-cycle management. Experience managing multi-year projects with budgets of $20M+ and a total annual portfolio > $30M.
- Ability to travel 30%
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Objective thinker, problem solver with ability to execute challenging tasks to completion.
- Ability to develop broad, cooperative relationships with numerous groups and individuals, even when having no direct authority over them.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.