Sr. Associate, Industrial Engineer (L2)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Sr. Associate, Industrial Engineer
Report to the Director of Manufacturing Engineering to create factory value streams, product flows and perform time studies. Understand factory constraint and capacities for improvement opportunities and planning. This is an entry level role to work with the existing manufacturing engineering team and management to organize, develop and collected the data to complete the necessary projects. The role will also require the ability to work with peers from multiple disciplines.
- Execute value stream and time study projects across all work centers
- Compile and organize generated data into reportable status and deliverable to management
- Identify production constraints and understand impact of yields on those constraint
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering
- Entry Level position
- Clear communicator (listening, speaking, writing)
- Prioritize, multi-task, work with moderate supervision and adapt to sudden changes in plans
- Proven success interfacing with operators, supervisors, and quality assurance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with the following strongly preferred: Microsoft office skills and/or Power BI
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing principles desired
- Energizes Others: Creates energy, excitement and personal investment in others. Creates an environment that encourages continuous improvement, innovation and calculated risk taking. Focuses organization on key priorities that impact our business.
- Communicates Directly: Communicates opinions, facts and thoughts with respect, clarity, transparency and honesty. Seeks multiple perspectives and listens openly to others points of views.
- Builds Alignment: Aligns personal goals and objectives with organization goals and business strategy and takes action to achieve them. Promotes a unified and seamless team. Understand and acts upon role, responsibility, accountability and authority within the team.
- Drives Performance: Consistently delivers on commitments. Demonstrates ownership of results within their area of responsibility and works across functional boundaries to ensure success of business processes.
- Innovates: Generates solutions to problems via data analysis. Has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work. Seeks alignment and endorsement from leadership to implement process improvements.
- Collaborates: Works across organizational and functional boundaries to achieve company goals. Builds and maintains strong relationships with team members, other functions and customers. Works cooperatively with others in order to meet group and organizational goals. Approaches conflict with humility, respect and transparency.
- Acts with Integrity: Does the right thing always. Adheres to company values and beliefs, acts in line with those values. Rewards the right values.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.