Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Spvr, Quality Mgmt
Mason, OhioJob ID IMS20221411-93467
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Spvr, Quality Mgmt
Job Description: This position requires a leader with exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will also have strong team building and support skills. Additionally, this position will be responsible for insuring the inspection team is trained and provides support for program activities.
- Resolve challenges, ensure successful tactical execution of work, as well as create and implement the strategic vision for the Sensor Quality Control team.
- Supervises and provides career development support to employees.
- Communicates with parties inside and outside of their team to explain and interpret policies, practices, and procedures.
- Plans and establishes operational objectives for a team with some impact on department results.
- Provides day-to-day work direction for direct report(s), focuses on maintaining steady workflow,productivity, and resolving operational decisions.
- Maintain certification for J-STD-001 and Space Addendum.
- Lead Quality Control team insuring cross training adequacy for all areas of inspection for the Sensor business.
- Aid in the work of standardizing inspection processes across multiple programs and laboratories.
- Aid in the development, creation, and implementation of Quality Inspection initiatives related to cost and efficiency.
- Must interface successfully with external and internal customers by discussing quality inspection related requirements, issues and resolutions.
- Take a lead role in building a culture that reinforces compliance with all requirements, instructions, drawings, and training.
- Assist in training employees in all aspects of the quality inspection role, MES, TIPQA, Inspection Technique, Training requirements and compliance to AS9100, customer requirements and company practices.
- Support and participate in Corporate Quality Compliance roll out.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree with a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
- Two years of experience in an electronics assembly or electro-mechanical manufacturing environment.
- Five or more years of experience directly supervising a Quality Control Organization or a similar Supervisory position.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems.
- Ability to lead strategically and build alignment within your team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, peers, and other employees relative to quality and technical issues.
- Self-motivated and possess demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve timely results.
- Have the ability to make decisions in a timely manner and capable of assessing the risks that may result from the decisions being made.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resource modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Capable of working independently with minimum oversight and must be capable of managing multiple fluid work situations with potentially changing priorities.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to identify, interpret, and communicate problems and make suggestions for resolution.
- Have a successful track record in building and maintaining a functional and diverse team.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Five or more years as a Quality Supervisor or a similar Supervisory role.
- Aerospace or Defense Manufacturing Experience.
- Greenbelt certification and/or proven education or work history in leading and implementing projects.
- Experience working directly with internal and external customers as well as familiarity government contracts
- Knowledge of production processes relating to the electronics field.
- Experience with IPC J standards for electronic manufacturing.
- Experience with TipQA, MES or SAP.
- ASQ Certified Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA).
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.